Nintendo of America's Butchering

#61Bahamut_10thPosted 9/21/2011 1:55:37 PM
The "before Reggie" NoA was better.
---
I have no signature. You're reading nothing.
#62keyblader1985Posted 9/21/2011 2:12:18 PM
I'm sorry, but were you trying to spell "massacres"? LOL

Congratulations. You not only haven't heard the term before, you automatically assume it's a typo. Neither of those would be so bad under the circumstances... but you then mocked the poster without even bothering to read on.

Good job.
---
Now Playing: You don't f***ing care.
FC: See Now Playing
#63ghostblade003Posted 9/21/2011 3:06:20 PM
CosmoKramer4700 posted...
Ah, well the thing is to me One Piece IS the manga. It's the source material for the anime which doesn't have SBS, cover story arcs, etc. I don't consistently watch the anime....nothing against it really, but I always have preferred the manga.

When discussing OP I immediately jump to talking about the manga because that's how I think of the series...it's not that I was trying to say read the manga to get into the anime. lol I was saying I don't think he's familiar with the series in it's entirety. To me, that meant reading the manga....I guess to others it means watching the anime.

Yeah a lot of stuff is left out that is usually covered in written formats, but at least you get a condensed version if you don't care enough or can't find/read the original.
---
PSN: DarkJustice77
Wii Code or DS Code: I have a few different ones I play online so it's easier to ask.
#64MW2_Main_MenuPosted 9/21/2011 3:24:19 PM
Bahamut_10th posted...

Actually, no at all, when it comes to censorship...
---
GT: MW2 Main Menu and Movie Premiere
Games playing:CoD: Black Ops Halo Reach Dead Island
#65Dick_McGumshoePosted 9/21/2011 3:30:10 PM

I have always hear about how 4Kids screwed up Pokemon, Kirby, and F-ZERO's animated series.

Those were some of their LESS butchered works ;_;
---
Official Defective Gumshoe of all Attorney related boards.
You fail to grasp the concept of 'shooting people is bad', detective. - Phoenix Wright
#66RingoShonenPosted 9/21/2011 4:42:41 PM
wait wait wasn't it NoA who were the ONLY ONES to let BMXXX keep the topless mode on?
even if the game was crap that was a bold move by Nintendo where as Sony and Microsoft censored most of the game
---
http://steamcommunity.com/id/ringoshonen/
#67Bahamut_10thPosted 9/21/2011 4:44:15 PM
MW2_Main_Menu posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...

Actually, no at all, when it comes to censorship...

It's precisely because of censorship.
If it depended on today's NoA OoT wouldn't even have been released with red blood, chanting Fire Temple theme, or the original design of the Mirror Shield.
Games like Mario RPG were rated for 13+ (at least where I live it said so) because of the genre, not because of the looks.
Today they just make sure the games are appealing to children or people of all ages no matter what they may have to change for that.

Not to mention the old NoA actually gave Earthbound a try regardless of all the legal issues BS of today, althought they failed at advertising it properly.
---
I have no signature. You're reading nothing.