Would you pay $10 for a 3DS Ware version of Super Mario 64...

#31elheberPosted 9/19/2011 4:56:22 PM
NeoDraven posted...
The important question is, when are we going to beat up elheber's granny?

I didn't get all decked out in my Warriors gear for nothing, dammit.

You have to do it while she sleeps because she's quite apt at fighting back. Don't let her decalcified bones fool you.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
#32mizukage2Posted 9/19/2011 5:06:21 PM
Sure, especially since I never got around to buying the DS version of Supermario 64 DS
---
http://gerardwhyte.net/images/misc/reaganomics.jpg
#33gransPosted 9/19/2011 7:16:42 PM(edited)
I'd heavily consider it. The game would benefit a lot from the 3D effect's enhanced depth. Analog controls need some work though, not just adding support for the circle pad, but they need to redesign the momentum and friction of the movement as well. Controls are too slippery and it takes too long for the character to begin moving. Turning can be very delayed, as well as just trying to stop your character from moving. And i hope while they're at it, they add simple billinear texture filtering to help the blocky textures. This could really be an ideal version of the game if done right.

Lets be quite reasonable and realistic though. If Nintendo were to rerelease the game with any sort of change, it would almost surely be retail and at least $30-$40. And if they went through with that by charging that much, i'd at least like to see it remade properly with general enhancements we'd see from a game like OOT3D. Before i'd even consider buying it that is. Use the improvements in Mario 64 DS as a base, but add the following-

- Galaxy or Mario 3D Land visual makeover. Meaning upgraded character models, environments, textures, make sprites fully 3D, etc
- Add in some Galaxy quality lighting and shadow effects, make use of the 3DS' advanced lighting
- Record new sound effects, voices in Mario 64 DS were low quality. Or use 3D Land and Galaxy's samples
- Orchestrate the music ala Galaxy, Bowser in the Dark World has an amazing remix in those
- New levels, more than the DS version
- Give players a real reward for collecting all stars
- Mario should still be the main playable character from the get go. Keep Yoshi as unlockable but Mario needs to be the primary starter

Doesn't Super Mario 64 DS work with the Circle Pad already?

It functions, but only using digital controls still. Mario 64 was originally designed with analog controls, Mario 64 DS just cannot match that precision. You still have to hold Y to run and the controls received heavy tweaking in terms of momentum and are more slipper and sluggish.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#34alacer807Posted 9/19/2011 7:31:14 PM
Why would nintendo do that, after charging $40 to do the same thing to Zelda: OoT?
---
Soulsilver FC - 1635 6237 3421
#35General_DodannaPosted 9/20/2011 2:55:27 AM
if they did a Super Mario 64 I'd hope that they went the full 10 yards and upscaled it, made it 3D and made it a true 3DS upgraded port like they did StarFox and OoT.. also a few more new things would be nice too
#36AP3BrainPosted 9/20/2011 3:25:29 AM(edited)
alacer807 posted...
Why would nintendo do that, after charging $40 to do the same thing to Zelda: OoT?

Because it worked with OoT prob would work again.

And to answer the question yes I personally would because I never played the DS one which actually added a lot of new content. But if I had the DS one I would never even at $10. 3D doesn't do anything for me lol.
#37Megaman OmegaPosted 9/21/2011 9:20:31 AM
No. 3DS Ware? Forget that and keep your DD. A retail copy for $30 with some added content, however...
---
3D screens.. how do they work? are they similar to magnets? PS: Please no replies from scientists.. you're always lyin, and gettin me pissed.
~ Mario64DStyle
#38BraveAdolPosted 9/21/2011 2:53:58 PM
Megaman Omega posted...
No. 3DS Ware? Forget that and keep your DD. A retail copy for $30 with some added content, however...

What, pray tell, is the difference between a $10 DD copy and a $30 retail copy
---
Read my comics @ http://thejaystack.tumblr.com (Tell your friends!)
<3 Emily Haines of Metric is a GODDESS <3
#39Megaman OmegaPosted 9/21/2011 3:25:37 PM
Megaman Omega posted...
A retail copy for $30 with some added content, however...

Reading comprehension, yo
---
3D screens.. how do they work? are they similar to magnets? PS: Please no replies from scientists.. you're always lyin, and gettin me pissed.
~ Mario64DStyle