if you could go back in time and change one thing in nintendo's gaming history..

#1xflame10Posted 9/19/2011 1:02:37 PM
what would you do? Give nintendo tech before its time? Replace one system with another? Cause nintendo to flop? Or even stop nintendo from backing out of the deal with sony that made them into an enemy?
---
new to gamefaqs! I can become a respected poster, an infamous troll, or stay a nobody....
#2melchiahdimPosted 9/19/2011 1:05:21 PM
All I would change is convince Nintendo that releasing the Wii without more powerfull graphics and HD support was a bad idea.

Then again, perhaps if it was in HD the Wii would have been more expensive thus less successful?
#3CraddaPoostaPosted 9/19/2011 1:21:40 PM
I'd have made them to never relinquish their kung fu grip on Rare.

We needed a true sequel to Goldeneye 007, not a crappy re-imagining. Don't get me started on the DS version. The Wii version is passing-fair, but I wanted Slappers Only, in the Archives, online, dammit.
---
3DS FC - 4811-7145-9541
Remember kids, it's the internet. You have no rights.
#4RetroResetPosted 9/19/2011 1:21:44 PM
I would take away the contracts/monopolies that Nintendo had with 3rd parties back in the NES days. Castlevania on Master System would have been awesome, and maybe Sega would have a better history...
---
Hardual Casuacore - The new generation of nobody-should-care-what-the-pigeon-hole-tag-is. Good games are good, bad games are bad, opinions are opinions. Period.
#5xflame10(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2011 1:22:53 PM
melchiahdim posted...
All I would change is convince Nintendo that releasing the Wii without more powerfull graphics and HD support was a bad idea.

Then again, perhaps if it was in HD the Wii would have been more expensive thus less successful?

That what i was thinking of, like maybe going back in time and showing nintendo a wiiu b4 they started on the wii. Although it would probably have been even more expensive than $599.
---
new to gamefaqs! I can become a respected poster, an infamous troll, or stay a nobody....
#6xflame10(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2011 1:24:11 PM
RetroReset posted...
I would take away the contracts/monopolies that Nintendo had with 3rd parties back in the NES days. Castlevania on Master System would have been awesome, and maybe Sega would have a better history...

so have nintendo and sega flip roles?
---
#7ssbmrocksPosted 9/19/2011 1:24:18 PM
NeoDraven posted...
I'd have made them to never relinquish their kung fu grip on Rare.

We needed a true sequel to Goldeneye 007, not a crappy re-imagining. Don't get me started on the DS version. The Wii version is passing-fair, but I wanted Slappers Only, in the Archives, online, dammit.

You know, I think I would say this as well, Rare was amazing.
---
Mermaid Man: "Sure, the power's all in the costume. Why else would we run around in colored undies?
Squidward: "I can think of 3 good reasons :)
#8GamerCzarPosted 9/19/2011 1:24:59 PM
I'd have them release the 3DS on 12/15/11.
---
3 different types of people in this world. People who can count, and people who can't count.
PSVITA & 3DS.
#9xflame10(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2011 1:25:46 PM
GamerCzar posted...
I'd have them release the 3DS on 12/15/11.
im guessing thats the vitas japanese release date?
---
#10xflame10(Topic Creator)Posted 9/19/2011 1:26:53 PM
well i have homework to do i look forward to seeing what this topic becomes while i was gone.
---