I would love to see Vagrant Story remade for the 3DS

#1Lord_VishanaPosted 9/20/2011 8:19:40 AM
Arguably the best rpg that SE has ever made hasn't ever seen a sequel, remake or even a port. Despite all the critical acclaim it sadly didn't sell well. Contribute this to a gaming public apprehensive about buying that doesn't have Final Fantasy in the title.

To this day Vagrant Story remains a stellar game. With innovative gameplay, fantastic Shakespearean-esqe story, sensational music and characters you care about it would be ideal for a new generation to experience this game.
---
I got modded for liking Samurai Warriors >_>
#2Jamirus2Posted 9/20/2011 8:22:39 AM
I couldn't get into that game.
---
3DS Friend Code: *** 1246 - 8894 - 9473 ***
#3AxccelPosted 9/20/2011 8:24:25 AM
It's on the PSN store. Go download it and play it on PSP..... or Vita :D
---
Black FC - 3224 4871 9538
PSN: EZed2587
#4Lord_Vishana(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2011 8:25:26 AM
cell32 posted...
I couldn't get into that game.

Aww really?

I admit it takes a few hours to totally immerse yourself in it, however once you do you will be addicted
---
#5scotpelkPosted 9/20/2011 8:32:33 AM
This and several others deserve remakes, but the sad truth is that even if there are remakes, they'll likely be JP only. We tend to get shafted when it comes to RPG's over here, even the really awesome ones. Despite there being a very dedicated and eager fanbase over here, if they don't think a game will sell well enough, they don't bother bringing it overseas.

I hate to say it, but in general, I don't think the average American knows what a truly good game is, haha. I've tried like hell to get my brother to play some great games with me, but if it's not non-stop action with flashy graphics and little plot or storyline, he gets bored within 15 minutes.
#6Lord_Vishana(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2011 8:40:35 AM
scotpelk posted...
This and several others deserve remakes, but the sad truth is that even if there are remakes, they'll likely be JP only. We tend to get shafted when it comes to RPG's over here, even the really awesome ones. Despite there being a very dedicated and eager fanbase over here, if they don't think a game will sell well enough, they don't bother bringing it overseas.

I hate to say it, but in general, I don't think the average American knows what a truly good game is, haha. I've tried like hell to get my brother to play some great games with me, but if it's not non-stop action with flashy graphics and little plot or storyline, he gets bored within 15 minutes.

That is a very accurate assessment sadly. This generation of rpg player have a greater affinity for graphics rather then a nuanced story. For instance The Suikoden series. I am the biggest Suikoden in the world, love all the games to death. Suikoden 2 and FF 7 released the same day. Despite Suikoden being the vastly superior game people bought FF7 for the graphics
---
#7scotpelkPosted 9/20/2011 8:55:51 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
That is a very accurate assessment sadly. This generation of rpg player have a greater affinity for graphics rather then a nuanced story. For instance The Suikoden series. I am the biggest Suikoden in the world, love all the games to death. Suikoden 2 and FF 7 released the same day. Despite Suikoden being the vastly superior game people bought FF7 for the graphics

I must admit, I am one of the ones who bought FFVII (and FFVIII and Chrono Cross, etc.), but I never did get a chance to play Suikoden. Your claim makes it very tempting to go back and visit it, though. Back then it may have been tricky to find a copy (by the time I got around to it) but nowadays there's no excuse as I'm sure it's probably on the PSN store. I may have to add this to my growing list of games :P
#8Lord_Vishana(Topic Creator)Posted 9/20/2011 9:06:23 AM
scotpelk posted...
Lord_Vishana posted...

I must admit, I am one of the ones who bought FFVII (and FFVIII and Chrono Cross, etc.), but I never did get a chance to play Suikoden. Your claim makes it very tempting to go back and visit it, though. Back then it may have been tricky to find a copy (by the time I got around to it) but nowadays there's no excuse as I'm sure it's probably on the PSN store. I may have to add this to my growing list of games :P

Suikoden 1 is on the PSN however Suikoden 2 isn't. It's impossible to find any copy of Suikoden 2 for less then $200
---
#9scotpelkPosted 9/20/2011 9:13:20 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
Suikoden 1 is on the PSN however Suikoden 2 isn't. It's impossible to find any copy of Suikoden 2 for less then $200

And that, is the other part of what sucks about good RPG's in the states. If you miss your chance and they don't do a remake or digital download, you'll be forced to part with a kidney. </3

Here's hoping for more remakes!
#10MarsfordPosted 9/20/2011 9:24:44 AM
I could never get into this game either. Within 2 hours I was not enjoying it whatsoever. Maybe I didn't understand the battle system, but it seemed very stupid to me.
---
*signs*