So why is everyone excited for Kid Icarus?

#41m0986-8(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2011 5:29:06 PM
Kitt Thrust posted...
because it's the closest we'll get to a new Star Fox/Star Fox Adventures. on rails shooting and some on foot stuff.

interesting...
---
3DS FC: 0344 - 9282 - 6531
#42ian2093Posted 9/21/2011 5:29:27 PM
Boomer_Kuwanga posted...
Gnik posted...
Wasn't the last game many generations ago? The gameplay has changed dramatically

That's the reason. The original game is absolutely terrible, it controls like garbage, has a ton of slowdown, and is extremely cheap even by NES standards. However, it looks like they have changed it to be a good game.

Spoken like a true entitled Millennial. Kid Icarus is one of the best games on NES. Just because you give up after failing at a game for a few minutes doesn't mean it's bad, it means you suck.

Harsh, but oh so true. I enjoyed the challenge it presented, and was genuinely proud with myself after completing it. It's nothing like the easy-mode games that are being pumped out now, that satisfaction from feeling like I have really accomplished a challenging feat is hard to come by.
---
When all else fails, rage quit.
#43Bahamut_10thPosted 9/22/2011 2:58:00 AM
Gavin_Rozee posted...
Bahamut_10th posted...
gunstarz posted...
From the videos I've seen the gameplay looks like it's right up my street

This.

And I'm a Sakurai fan. I agree with his opinions regarding the game industry and game design so I always look forward to at least try the games he works at.
With the exception of Melee and Meteos I like all his creations. So I'm sure he won't disappoint me.

Is this true? Sakurai worked on Meteos? That's like my favourite puzzle game of all time.

Co-worked with Tetsuya Mizuguchi during the short time he wasn't under HAL or Nintendo.
---
I have no signature. You're reading nothing.
#44FoofyheadPosted 9/22/2011 3:28:56 AM
LightHawKnight posted...
Why are people excited for Barbie and Dora Take a Vacation?

---
Warning! Warning!
TWEWY is a sacred cow!