when is metroid coming out?

#1Jonwh18Posted 9/21/2011 1:50:27 PM

where is metroid 3ds? y ahsn't there been any news or speculation about this? MPH was the best fps on ds

#2trenkenPosted 9/21/2011 1:55:50 PM
Nothing announced, which means its years away.
---
3DS 1504-5688-7256
#3The_BonesPosted 9/21/2011 1:57:43 PM
There could possibly another Metroid drought like there was during the N64/GBC era.
#4Jonwh18(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2011 1:59:45 PM

WTF.....*shakes fist angrily* y would nintendo not give us one of the iconic nintendo games....... it should b on the list of ten .....

#5trenkenPosted 9/21/2011 2:01:17 PM
Jonwh18 posted...
WTF.....*shakes fist angrily* y would nintendo not give us one of the iconic nintendo games....... it should b on the list of ten .....

Because the series is coming off a mega failure with Other M. For a Metroid game, it really wasnt that well received or up to the standards set by the other games.

It should probably just disappear for a while, while they figure out what to do with it now. They need to come back in a big way, which takes a lot of time.
---
3DS 1504-5688-7256
#6Bahamut_10thPosted 9/21/2011 2:04:01 PM
They don't usually release game after game of 1 franchise that isn't their major sellers (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon) that fast. Metroid isn't dead but it might take a little while before they announce the next game.
---
I have no signature. You're reading nothing.
#7Jonwh18(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2011 2:05:16 PM

trenken posted...
Jonwh18 posted...

Because the series is coming off a mega failure with Other M. For a Metroid game, it really wasnt that well received or up to the standards set by the other games.

It should probably just disappear for a while, while they figure out what to do with it now. They need to come back in a big way, which takes a lot of time.
---
3DS 1504-5688-7256

was it that bad? lol i never played it my wii collects dust except for at parties when i pull it out for brawl..... i still play mph from time to time =/ the important thing is that they keep the FPS mutiplayer too! i have like 1150 hours in the online lol it was my firstt real fps

#8trenkenPosted 9/21/2011 2:09:19 PM
Jonwh18 posted...

trenken posted...

Jonwh18 posted...WTF.....*shakes fist angrily* y would nintendo not give us one of the iconic nintendo games....... it should b on the list of ten .....Because the series is coming off a mega failure with Other M. For a Metroid game, it really wasnt that well received or up to the standards set by the other games.It should probably just disappear for a while, while they figure out what to do with it now. They need to come back in a big way, which takes a lot of time.---3DS 1504-5688-7256

was it that bad? lol i never played it my wii collects dust except for at parties when i pull it out for brawl..... i still play mph from time to time =/ the important thing is that they keep the FPS mutiplayer too! i have like 1150 hours in the online lol it was my firstt real fps

Well, not terrible, it was kind of fun to play. I took the time to play all the way through it, but it really didnt capture the essence of what makes Metroid great. Exploration, a sense of isolation, great atmosphere and music... it just didnt feel like a metroid game at all to me.

The story sucked too. They decided to give Samus a voice and personality, and not only was the idea bad enough on its own, but she complained throughout the entire game expressing her wishes basically to find a father figure in her life, through her ex-boyfriend/boss who doesnt seem to like her very much.

No, Im not kidding.
---
3DS 1504-5688-7256
#9NyyarkPosted 9/21/2011 2:12:45 PM
Metroid will never come out of his suit unless we beat his games faster!
#10Jonwh18(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2011 2:17:56 PM

-.- a metroid doesn't wear a suit ......that would be samus .......and its a she....