when is metroid coming out?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. when is metroid coming out?

User Info: Jonwh18

Jonwh18
5 years ago#1

where is metroid 3ds? y ahsn't there been any news or speculation about this? MPH was the best fps on ds

User Info: trenken

trenken
5 years ago#2
Nothing announced, which means its years away.
3DS 1504-5688-7256

User Info: The_Bones

The_Bones
5 years ago#3
There could possibly another Metroid drought like there was during the N64/GBC era.

Jonwh18
5 years ago#4

WTF.....*shakes fist angrily* y would nintendo not give us one of the iconic nintendo games....... it should b on the list of ten .....

trenken
5 years ago#5
Jonwh18 posted...
WTF.....*shakes fist angrily* y would nintendo not give us one of the iconic nintendo games....... it should b on the list of ten .....

Because the series is coming off a mega failure with Other M. For a Metroid game, it really wasnt that well received or up to the standards set by the other games.

It should probably just disappear for a while, while they figure out what to do with it now. They need to come back in a big way, which takes a lot of time.
3DS 1504-5688-7256

User Info: Bahamut_10th

Bahamut_10th
5 years ago#6
They don't usually release game after game of 1 franchise that isn't their major sellers (Mario, Zelda, Pokemon) that fast. Metroid isn't dead but it might take a little while before they announce the next game.
I have no signature. You're reading nothing.

Jonwh18
5 years ago#7

trenken posted...
Jonwh18 posted...

Because the series is coming off a mega failure with Other M. For a Metroid game, it really wasnt that well received or up to the standards set by the other games.

It should probably just disappear for a while, while they figure out what to do with it now. They need to come back in a big way, which takes a lot of time.
---
3DS 1504-5688-7256

was it that bad? lol i never played it my wii collects dust except for at parties when i pull it out for brawl..... i still play mph from time to time =/ the important thing is that they keep the FPS mutiplayer too! i have like 1150 hours in the online lol it was my firstt real fps

trenken
5 years ago#8
Jonwh18 posted...

trenken posted...

Jonwh18 posted...WTF.....*shakes fist angrily* y would nintendo not give us one of the iconic nintendo games....... it should b on the list of ten .....Because the series is coming off a mega failure with Other M. For a Metroid game, it really wasnt that well received or up to the standards set by the other games.It should probably just disappear for a while, while they figure out what to do with it now. They need to come back in a big way, which takes a lot of time.---3DS 1504-5688-7256

was it that bad? lol i never played it my wii collects dust except for at parties when i pull it out for brawl..... i still play mph from time to time =/ the important thing is that they keep the FPS mutiplayer too! i have like 1150 hours in the online lol it was my firstt real fps

Well, not terrible, it was kind of fun to play. I took the time to play all the way through it, but it really didnt capture the essence of what makes Metroid great. Exploration, a sense of isolation, great atmosphere and music... it just didnt feel like a metroid game at all to me.

The story sucked too. They decided to give Samus a voice and personality, and not only was the idea bad enough on its own, but she complained throughout the entire game expressing her wishes basically to find a father figure in her life, through her ex-boyfriend/boss who doesnt seem to like her very much.

No, Im not kidding.
3DS 1504-5688-7256

User Info: Nyyark

Nyyark
5 years ago#9
Metroid will never come out of his suit unless we beat his games faster!

Jonwh18
5 years ago#10

-.- a metroid doesn't wear a suit ......that would be samus .......and its a she....

1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. when is metroid coming out?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived