Rate mah purchases, holmeses.

#11legendarylemurPosted 9/21/2011 11:06:03 PM
I've owned the first Guitar Hero for the DS with the peripherals and all (that I can't use anymore since my DS lite got stolen sigh), but I can't say it was the smoothest of experience. However, it was pretty fun, ain't gonna lie. I'd like to try out rock band. Does it require a DS lite?
---
Mass slaughter is fine, but dating sims are OMG MORAL PERVERSION ~ McMarbles
My karma was 777 on Sept. 21st 2011... and i wrote an essay
#12Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2011 11:15:18 PM
legendarylemur posted...
I've owned the first Guitar Hero for the DS with the peripherals and all (that I can't use anymore since my DS lite got stolen sigh), but I can't say it was the smoothest of experience. However, it was pretty fun, ain't gonna lie. I'd like to try out rock band. Does it require a DS lite?

Nope. Rock Band 3 in fact uses no peripherals; it is entirely button-based. You still get the entertainment of playing a rhythm game, but with slightly less interactivity.

Here's a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N7rfg9S-CpM

It may seem confusing, but basically, it involves the micromanagement of the four instruments involved with the song.

If you are intrigued, you can probably get if for $6 or $7 used on Amazon.com.
---
Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Alice in Wonderland (DS), Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
#13legendarylemurPosted 9/21/2011 11:19:00 PM
Vyers posted...
Nope. Rock Band 3 in fact uses no peripherals; it is entirely button-based. You still get the entertainment of playing a rhythm game, but with slightly less interactivity.

Here's a video.

It may seem confusing, but basically, it involves the micromanagement of the four instruments involved with the song.

Wait... so do you press buttons or use the touch screen? I can't see how you can use the touch screen for chords
---
Mass slaughter is fine, but dating sims are OMG MORAL PERVERSION ~ McMarbles
My karma was 777 on Sept. 21st 2011... and i wrote an essay
#14Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2011 11:23:58 PM
legendarylemur posted...
Vyers posted...

Here's a video.

Wait... so do you press buttons or use the touch screen? I can't see how you can use the touch screen for chords

Buttons; I should have made that more clear.
---
Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Alice in Wonderland (DS), Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
#15Lord_FroodPosted 9/22/2011 12:07:23 AM
Did you buy these in a store, TC? Because I haven't seen Radiant Historia anywhere!
---
"I see past the boobs for the heart." - Mattperd
GOLD BANANA
#16Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2011 2:01:26 AM
Lord_Frood posted...
Did you buy these in a store, TC? Because I haven't seen Radiant Historia anywhere!

Alas, I got them all on Amazon.
---
#17nintendoggerPosted 9/23/2011 3:49:26 AM
NewportBox100s posted...
Whats so good about this LEGO game? No hate, just don't know anything about it and have played past LEGO games

Lego games are charming and fun.
---
"UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to get better. It's not." ~ Dr. Seuss
Official NDF President
#18pikachupwnagePosted 9/23/2011 5:16:54 AM
Vyers posted...
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean - $13
Kirby: Mass Attack - $30
Rock Band 3 (DS) - $6
Radiant Historia - $30
Glory of Heracles - $8

Pretty satisfied with these purchases. Considered Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2, but that has the most likelihood of dropping in price of all of these games.

8.3/10 solid list
---
"happy cow happy cow steals your will to live. happy cow happy cow your eternal soul to give- the happy cow song member of the ELN