What is with this board and misleading topic titles?

#1ShyGuyCantiPosted 9/22/2011 1:49:42 AM
90% of titles read as "this game exists and is coming out!" when they are actually "do u want dis game on teh ds??!! LMAO"

Titles can be 80 characters, there is no excuse for this ****
#2Nin3DSFanPosted 9/22/2011 2:08:43 AM
Sometimes it's something like:
"Grand Theft Auto 3DS"
and then "Does anyone think this would work?" or something.

Sometimes the "Reaction: Mario Kart has yellow shells" type topics can be misleading. Because, while the topic means "What would be your reaction if this was true", it could be misinterpreted to mean "What do you think about the fact that this is true?" or something.

There could even be a topic like "The 3DS is failing" and then the first post could be like "... to disappoint me", i.e. you have to read the first post as part of the topic title.
#3yabPosted 9/22/2011 2:23:04 AM
They do it to trick people into entering their topic.
Or maybe they just don't care.
---
#4OzymandiasIVPosted 9/22/2011 2:48:53 AM
It's not just this board. I've seen it on plenty of other boards. Jackasses do it to troll, and it's extraordinarily aggravating. I hate seeing a topic that's worded like there's been an official announcement of something I'd be excited for, only for it to be BS as described in the OP.
---
In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe.
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.
#5gunstarzPosted 9/22/2011 3:06:58 AM
I was expecting this topic to have nothing to do with the title.

TC, I am disappoint.
---
www.petemorleydesign.com // www.alternativesuburban.com
Currently Playing FFVIII (PSP)
#6Nin3DSFanPosted 9/22/2011 4:20:58 AM
gunstarz posted...

TC, I am disappoint.

What like, the title being "What is with this board and misleading topic titles?" and then the first post being something like "God, I hate it when people ask this question", or "... is what's asked a lot these days".
A bit like that topic which seems to have a question, yet the topic is actually complaining about the question.
#7paulinkPosted 9/22/2011 4:25:26 AM
This bpard is filled with hypthetical questions which males me more and more inclined not to visit.
---
Sent from my iPod touch via PowerFAQs 1.8
#8Hero3zizPosted 9/22/2011 4:29:02 AM
Inb4mods.
---
Currently playing: Resistance 3.
-Muslim and proud-
#9gunstarzPosted 9/22/2011 4:38:06 AM
Nin3DSFan posted...
gunstarz posted...

TC, I am disappoint.

What like, the title being "What is with this board and misleading topic titles?" and then the first post being something like "God, I hate it when people ask this question", or "... is what's asked a lot these days".
A bit like that topic which seems to have a question, yet the topic is actually complaining about the question.

*head explodes*

Hero3ziz
Inb4mods

I think the mods have all but left this board to it's own devices, festering away like a gangrenous limb.
---
www.petemorleydesign.com // www.alternativesuburban.com
Currently Playing FFVIII (PSP)
#10OzymandiasIVPosted 9/22/2011 4:51:31 AM

This bpard is filled with hypthetical questions which males me more and more inclined not to visit.

It's not like they're hypothetical questions of any real importance or value.
---
In order to make an apple pie from scratch, you must first create the universe.
You musn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling.