3DS Tops 5m Slower than Wii, DS, PS2 but faster than X360, PS3

#31lambchipsPosted 9/23/2011 3:09:27 AM
i didnt know the ds sold that much (considering there were no good games on that for about a year)

the psp i can understand doing well, because it had a great launch... but after the launch we had like a 2 years drought before the first good game was localized (monster hunter freedom 1)
---
phantasy star zero FC- 2364- 5734-1428
#32VampiricDragon_Posted 9/23/2011 3:14:26 AM
lambchips posted...
i didnt know the ds sold that much (considering there were no good games on that for about a year)

the psp i can understand doing well, because it had a great launch... but after the launch we had like a 2 years drought before the first good game was localized (monster hunter freedom 1)

The ds sold that much because it was dirt cheap and came out during the holidays. That always leads to sales. But the game situation was bad for awhile like you said

The psp on the other hand was expensive, but sony shipped a ton right away. Double what nintendo was shipping on the ds. The psp also got the support right away because people assumed sony would crush nintendo. That never happened. and development switched gears.
---
Games to Watch: FF 13-2,Ninokuni PS3,SRW OG 2,Dragon Quest X,Bravely Default,Fire Emblem 3DS,Kingdom Hearts DDD, Monster Hunter 4,Paper Mario 3ds, Suikoden PSP
#33Megaman OmegaPosted 9/23/2011 3:24:24 AM
AP3Brain posted...
PSP did that well in the beginning? Interesting.

Yeah, in fact i'm pretty sure the PSP outsold the DS for some time.
---
3D screens.. how do they work? are they similar to magnets? PS: Please no replies from scientists.. you're always lyin, and gettin me pissed.
~ Mario64DStyle
#34VampiricDragon_Posted 9/23/2011 3:31:53 AM
Megaman Omega posted...
AP3Brain posted...
PSP did that well in the beginning? Interesting.

Yeah, in fact i'm pretty sure the PSP outsold the DS for some time.

about a year and a half until the lite came out
---
Games to Watch: FF 13-2,Ninokuni PS3,SRW OG 2,Dragon Quest X,Bravely Default,Fire Emblem 3DS,Kingdom Hearts DDD, Monster Hunter 4,Paper Mario 3ds, Suikoden PSP
#35ecco6t9Posted 9/23/2011 12:10:49 PM
Realistically Nintendo has to meet or beat the GBA, the DS skewed the numbers with people who moved on to Facebook and Phone gaming.
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.