Star Fox 64 3D didn't have online multiplayer because...

#11GameMaster14GMPosted 9/22/2011 10:12:30 AM
it sounds like crapcom because they are doing if for SF X TK, if that doesnt sell well, no darkstalkers game, same for MML3 being if the demo didnt sell they wouldnt release it, but the producer left on bad terms i think.

at least theres no glitches in sf64 3d like in mercenaries or other 3ds games. Q games actually remixed the music and used very similar voice casting to match every tone from the older game.

the game looks way more updated than oot3d and has better 3d, even though oot3d has good 3d.
---
Erick GM14 1590-4689-0365
#12TerotrousPosted 9/22/2011 10:22:10 AM
This doesn't sound like the Nintendo or the Capcom I grew up with. What the hell's wrong with this industry?

Fixed.

But yes this excuse is horribly sad. This game was shown at E3 2010, it had at least a year's development time. They couldn't tack an online mode onto a port of an old game in that time frame?
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "NES SCAT"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#13StarlightDrivePosted 9/22/2011 10:32:40 AM
LadyShi*an posted...
I thought it was because of their decision to have small cameras of people in multiplayer and if they made that online, some people would troll little kids with photos or moving images of their junk.

Thats not an excuse. That feature could EASILY have been disabled for online multiplayer.
#14Galaxy_NovaPosted 9/22/2011 10:35:28 AM
wave1000 posted...

All that talk about pushing online then they say oh it cost to much and it takes too long.

^ Th!s.

E3 was all about street pass, stop pass, multiplayer, friends, online stats and ranks. But I didn't think that when they meant all of that they were just referring to Mario Kart 7. Because In the near future Mario Tennis will out and at TGS none of these features were mentioned.

>:|

Capcom knows how to do online stuff. But Nintendo...not really.
---
Megaman Star Force 3 Red Joker Wi-Fi King! 2010
#15hydra_dragonPosted 9/22/2011 1:37:09 PM
wave1000 posted...
All that talk about pushing online then they say oh it cost to much and it takes too long. You know it would not take long or cost much if you were experienced in online gaming in the first place.

Oh Nintendo... Maybe they were just talking about the WiiU, lol, but that would suck. Nintendo seems to be making questionable decisions as of late. They say one thing and do the complete opposite. I rushed into the 3DS, but i'm not doing that to the Wiiu. I am watching how they act now, and that will determine if I buy one or not. If they say, we're all about online, and then say, online is too much of a hassle, then yeah.
---
Godzilla for President 2012!
#16LHS_2012Posted 9/22/2011 1:46:50 PM
StarlightDrive posted...
I'm not a Sony fanboy or Nintendo hater or whatever, but I read:

"We used Starfox to make a game that people would buy, cause it's Starfox, and left out online because we were rushed. Then we sold the game at the standard $40 retail price still."

I was interested in getting Starfox, bus as I followed it's upcoming release more, I realized how rushed it seemed and just bought something else instead. Now it's basically been confirmed that the game was rushed. I'm slightly disappointed.

You say this as if Starfox has been popular or relevant in the last decade. The only thing that kept the series alive was Smash, and it's not like that's doing Captain Falcon any favors. Or Ness, Lucas, G&W, ROB, or the Ice Climbers.
---
And you definitely won't be laughing September 13 when they cancel the 3DS. ~thundercat2600, Aug 24, 2011
Gamertag: Starfish Hero
#17lizard81288Posted 9/22/2011 1:56:34 PM
LHS_2012 posted...

You say this as if Starfox has been popular or relevant in the last decade. The only thing that kept the series alive was Smash, and it's not like that's doing Captain Falcon any favors. Or Ness, Lucas, G&W, ROB, or the Ice Climbers.

I think i did a poll a long time ago, asking which is your least fav Nintendo franchise, and most people said star fox & F-zero. This went on for a couple of pages.
---
I hate people in general.