Is it just me or does Nintendo not give a crap about its fans?

#1Foxhound3857Posted 9/23/2011 12:46:59 AM
I bought my 3DS recently, and while I'm not disappointed with it, I do have to say that it seems like Nintendo is more intent on adding little bells and whistles and perfecting their games/systems visuals then they are with incorporating modern technology to appease the broader audience.

I'll admit, I did buy Star Fox 3D because I was a hardcore fan of the original N64 version and wanted to remain loyal, but I also heard that it was going to have online play (TRUE online play, not local), and that was a contributing factor in purchasing the game. And now I find out, five minutes after playing it, that Nintendo bailed at the last second and said "nope, no multiplayer, we're too cheap to bother."

I can't understand how money could be any sort of relevant factor in a title this hyped up, one they knew would make them a hell of a lot of money. There's no way in hell a title like this would've been on a tight deadline or wouldn't have sufficient budget to cover everything Nintendo and the players would have wanted, so to me, it just seems like Nintendo, rather then listening to their loyal fanbase and trying to make the majority of them happy, instead opted to give them a middle finger and say "no thanks, we like being cheap bastards."

When is Nintendo going to catch up with the times and actually start listening to what people want?
---
My Guitar Hero 3 Wii FC: 4038-8152-2179
#2AP3BrainPosted 9/23/2011 12:50:19 AM
Nintendo never once said there would be online but everybody assumed there would be as it seems obvious...

Starfox 3D is a rushed project I think. I see no other reason why they couldn't add online..

Then again Nintendo doesn't incorporate online in a lot of their games and it gets pretty darn annoying.. I hope they learn their lesson soon.
#3blazeUP12Posted 9/23/2011 1:06:18 AM
What's more important, online games or Iwata's new personal yacht?
---
hello earthlings, i am from another planet
#4mcsmellingtonPosted 9/23/2011 1:14:21 AM
AP3Brain posted...
Nintendo never once said there would be online but everybody assumed there would be as it seems obvious...

Starfox 3D is a rushed project I think. I see no other reason why they couldn't add online..

Then again Nintendo doesn't incorporate online in a lot of their games and it gets pretty darn annoying.. I hope they learn their lesson soon.

It was:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-09-21-why-star-fox-64-3d-isnt-online

They needed it out ASAP and didn't want to fork out for online. Nice work Nintendo, don't think I'll be buying this one.
---
GT: McPoo
#5PEEair2403Posted 9/23/2011 1:18:36 AM(edited)
BRB cutting a feature from the game to meet deadline so that fanboys can stop crying about having no games to play. Result: QQ why did you cut that feature?

BRB delay release date to add in new features. Result: QQ WTFBBQ this system has no games! Why do they keep delaying games!
#6Foxhound3857(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2011 1:23:12 AM
In my mind, the longer a game takes in development, the better it comes out. Nintendo should have taken their time instead of pushing for a fast release.
---
#7d0wnerPosted 9/23/2011 1:24:49 AM
Nintendo have said it was a cost issue. If you don't like their decision, the way to show it is by not buying the game.

If you want to know what NOA think of their fans just look at their response to Operation Rainfall.
---
shoot the core.
#8Foxhound3857(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2011 1:29:48 AM
Sounds like with Operation Rainfall, Nintendo is saying, "if we can make gobs of money off of these titles, sure. Otherwise, go **** yourselves."
---
#9Dark_type_ZeroPosted 9/23/2011 1:59:16 AM
Foxhound3857 posted...

When is Nintendo going to catch up with the times and actually start listening to what people want?

game companies do not care about your feelings, they want your money.
#10parKb5Posted 9/23/2011 2:36:55 AM
d0wner posted...
Nintendo have said it was a cost issue. If you don't like their decision, the way to show it is by not buying the game.

If you want to know what NOA think of their fans just look at their response to Operation Rainfall.

Maybe that is why they responded by saying, "If you don't buy this game, there will be no more StarFox games in the future." They could have delayed it and added online, I mean, they've been delaying Kid Icarus until the cows come home.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 Greg