Your Reaction: Next 3DS model has multiple motion tracking auto-adjusting 3D

#1EncephlonPosted 9/23/2011 2:13:26 AM
so you don't have to position yourself and always see the 3D effects and anyone within the area will see it as well. Can Nintendo pull it off?
---
Fighting games look forward to: Tekken Tag 2, KOF XIII
Cross-over games are nothing more than diluted junk for tasteless fans
#2simondakingPosted 9/23/2011 2:23:49 AM
Yes but you would need a sensor bar attached to your forehead.
---
3DS: 1934 - 0847 - 7915
#3sumostickfigurePosted 9/23/2011 2:32:49 AM
I'd say that it probably wouldn't be possible to do that only with the sort of thing you listed in the topic title. For another, I don't think Nintendo would be able to get that effect unless they come up with some sort of technology that renders its previous stereoscopic effect primitive by comparison. I'd also say that such a technology wouldn't come out for many years, and that it wouldn't be cost effective enough to use in a game system for much longer.

In short, I would say that Nintendo most certainly won't be able to pull off what you're thinking of.
---
If you want a picture of the future imagine a boot stamping on a human face forever.
http://s417.photobucket.com/albums/pp257/sumostickfigure/th_Nightanim1.gif
#4sumostickfigurePosted 9/23/2011 2:33:54 AM

That wouldn't help anyone else in the area to be able to see it as well.
---
Nintendo Wasting your AA batteries since 1989
http://s417.photobucket.com/albums/pp257/sumostickfigure/th_Nightanim1.gif
#5fakewarsPosted 9/23/2011 3:17:04 AM
sumostickfigure posted...

That wouldn't help anyone else in the area to be able to see it as well.

of course it would help everyone in the area since everyone would willingly attach a sensor in their forehead as well
#6d0wnerPosted 9/23/2011 3:23:39 AM
Seems like a wasted effort. All that costs money, development resources, etc. and I don't think it's a feature the system needs. A somewhat wider viewing angle (for a single player) would be nice; I don't know how possible that is with the tech they're using.
---
shoot the core.
#7ChikaraXPosted 9/23/2011 3:56:44 AM
So just like with hologram TVs there will be eye tracking?!
They said that a Hologram TV will track eyes (maximum amount of 4?5? faces) and that way will project the same hologram to everybody, so it's not like everybody would see a slightly different angle.

I don't know, besides needing well lit places, his constant tracking will suck the battery dry even faster.. Not just because the camera is constantly ON but also the 3D screen would constantly move the internal barriers, that create these stereoscopic images, around.