Doctor Who tried to destroy my 3DS.

#1arcrisefanPosted 9/23/2011 7:09:46 AM
I was watching Doctor Who on Netflix on my 3DS, and I got to an episode called "Gridlock." I clicked on this episode and it started loading it like normal, but the red bar that says receiving did not move at all. I waited about 5 minutes (usually it only takes a few seconds for the show to load) and the bar still wasn't moving, so I just gave up and clicked back. And nothing happened. I pressed it a couple more times and the damn thing seemed to still be frozen on the receiving screen. After waiting a while I just ended up pressing the Home button, and on the home menu I clicked to close the software. The white box came up saying "Saving data and closing software" or whatever like it normally does, but... it appeared to be frozen on this screen too. I waited another 5 minutes, really nervous that something was wrong with my 3DS now because it had frozen while saving, and eventually I had no choice but to try turning it off, even though it was still saving. It took a while for the thing to come off and I ended up with a black screen while the home menu music was still playing, before it finally shut off. I turned it back on and it seems to be working fine, I went back on Netflix without any problems and loaded up a different episode which worked fine, but I'm wondering:

Has anything like this happened on your 3DS?
And is the Doctor Who episode "Gridlock" any good and worth trying again?
---
OFFICIAL QURUPECO OF THE MH3DS BOARD.
#2Pryce89Posted 9/23/2011 7:14:24 AM
im sure it was just a glich. try loading the video again. also, season 5 of dr who is the best television ive ever seen. just sayin =P
---
White: 4384 3807 4060 3DS: 2964 8616 2726
http://backloggery.com/gamerpaul2011
#3arcrisefan(Topic Creator)Posted 9/23/2011 7:17:52 AM
Pryce89 posted...
im sure it was just a glich. try loading the video again. also, season 5 of dr who is the best television ive ever seen. just sayin =P

It's a Season 3 episode. And I'm just worried it might be an issue with the episode itself or something, because I watched the first two seasons without any issues on the 3DS already.
---
OFFICIAL QURUPECO OF THE MH3DS BOARD.
#4BdowDELL222Posted 9/23/2011 7:23:27 AM
same thing has happened to me multiple times actually while trying to watch south park. youre not alone. it seems like a Netflix problem
#5NTendoFreakPosted 9/23/2011 7:26:17 AM
i've loaded that episode across multiple devices, with no issue. however, there have been some episodes that glitch and need a reloading. i'd say give it another shot.

oh and w00t! Doctor Who! :)
---
Hostess: I must warn you some products may contain nuts.
The Doctor: That'd be the peanuts.
#6Pryce89Posted 9/23/2011 7:28:14 AM
went on netflix to check. i just loaded that episode with no problems.
---
White: 4384 3807 4060 3DS: 2964 8616 2726
http://backloggery.com/gamerpaul2011
#7cobain948Posted 9/23/2011 7:55:16 AM
yeah sometimes netflix will freeze up my 3ds to the point where i have to turn it off and it will shut off the screen but all lights will stay on until i turn the system off a second time. its not a big deal just kinda sucks
---
psn: cobain948
#8darkphoenix181Posted 9/23/2011 8:28:18 AM
The Doctor was hijacking your 3DS to save the world. Be thankful.
---
Megaman Legends 3 :( NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
#9Starwars4JPosted 9/23/2011 8:48:02 AM
Exterminate
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#10MarkMiltonPosted 9/23/2011 8:48:45 AM(edited)
Gridlock is kind-of an important episode due to the Face of Boe being in it.

other than that, you get to see a bunch of losers sitting in their cars, as they've done for years and years....

you also get to see a couple of lesbian grannies.

oh, and cat-people.
---
If on Decepticon turf you happen to stumble, watch out robot, HERE COMES RUMBLE! ~~ Rumble... duh!
Gamertag: MarkMilton FC: 1977-0327-3304