How would you react if there was a new developer for main Pokemon games?

#1VyersPosted 9/25/2011 12:20:04 PM
That is, Game Freak is given the go-ahead to make original IPs, while a new developer takes a crack at the Pokémon series.
---
Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Alice in Wonderland (DS), Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
#2yabPosted 9/25/2011 12:20:25 PM
Depends on which developer it was.
---
#3Baha05Posted 9/25/2011 12:21:17 PM
Yeah depends on the Developer and what kind of Pokemon game it is
#4PkjoanPosted 9/25/2011 12:22:54 PM
Baha05 posted...

Chunsoft, Mystery Dungeon.
---
Nintendo 3DS- Nintendo found 3 ways to Destroy Sony
Official Nintendo 3DS Ambassador
#5Baha05Posted 9/25/2011 12:24:58 PM
Pkjoan posted...
Baha05 posted...

Never played the Mystery Dungeon series. How is it? Better then Rangers?
#6PuruglyPosted 9/25/2011 12:25:52 PM
Pkjoan posted...
http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/5165/mantiredoftheinternet.jpg
---
You forget, fool! This Purugly flies!
#7pikachupwnagePosted 9/25/2011 12:29:25 PM
Vyers posted...
That is, Game Freak is given the go-ahead to make original IPs, while a new developer takes a crack at the Pokémon series.

NNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
---
I'm about kicking ass, I'm about taking names and we're about making games. member of the ELN
#8Vyers(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2011 12:31:28 PM
pikachupwnage posted...
Vyers posted...

Is Game Freak really the only ones who can make a high-quality Pokémon title? One could argue that Game Freak is holding the franchise back, even.
---
Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Alice in Wonderland (DS), Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
#9SPDShadowRangerPosted 9/25/2011 12:33:16 PM(edited)
^ How, Black and White were some of the most hyped and best selling DS games.

I get annoyed with Mystery Dungeon games, so hell no to Chunsoft. Ranger series is better IMO.

Game Freak has made new IPs every once in a while. Although the most recent was 2005. I would be sad. It would not be the same. Hal and Genius Sonority did great with their games for the consoles so I'm sure they good do the handheld games just as well.
#10Baha05Posted 9/25/2011 12:34:05 PM
Vyers posted...
pikachupwnage posted...
Vyers posted...

Is Game Freak really the only ones who can make a high-quality Pokémon title? One could argue that Game Freak is holding the franchise back, even.

Idk, I think the series is doing what it's good at for the most part. A few major changes to their core games are needed and spin offs like Battle Revolution should have been like the GC games.