Should I buy a 3DS?

#1R_NPosted 9/25/2011 4:10:35 PM
Hey guys,

With the recent price drop, I'm really tempted to buy one...
Specially because of OOT. Never played it on the N64 or GCN (my first Zelda game was WindWaker) and I hate emulators...

Should I wait until next summer to see of a new model comes out?
What do you think of the current model?

I also heard there's a issue about the batteries.

Thanks for your help!
---
http://gi271.photobucket.com/groups/jj139/3JQPCGOL22/04b.jpg
Proud member of the Mickie Maniacs | http://www.photobucket.com/mickiemaniacs
#2phildoolPosted 9/25/2011 4:12:43 PM
Yes, IMHO the 3ds is worth it and you need to play the best 64 game ever which I personally believe is LoZ OoT
---
Warning: Trolling will result in immediate decapitation.
Come again and have a nice day.
#3CorruptedRPGPosted 9/25/2011 4:12:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3SX3JnUhTaE&feature=related
---
3 days until Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition is released
3DS FC: Nintendo still uses them?
#4JorgezxPosted 9/25/2011 4:16:41 PM
The correct answer is "yes"
---
Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance.- Plato
#5GamerCzarPosted 9/25/2011 4:23:00 PM
Jorgezx posted...
The correct answer is "yes"
---
3 different types of people in this world. People who can count, and people who can't count.
PSVITA & 3DS.
#6MicroOmegaManPosted 9/25/2011 4:24:22 PM
Battery life is short. Realistically, around 4 1/2 hours of active playtime on level 3 brightness. I'm sure this would be increased with a redesign.

The other concern about a redesign is if it will build in the new 3DS circle pad accessory. It's a possibility for sure.

But if you can't wait, then you could just buy the $10 - $15 (I really doubt it will be more expensive than it is in Japan) accessory for the current 3DS.

And if you don't like the battery life, third-parties have made cheap batteries that have longer battery life for your 3DS. Currently, you couldn't use both the bigger batteries and the circle pad accessory at the same moment, but there's hope that a third-party will make a solution for that.

So, the time spent waiting for a redesign is no guarantee that the circle pad accessory will be built-in, (IMO) a guarantee that of a longer battery life without the bulk of the third-party accessory, and if the accessory is built-in, then you don't have to hassle with juggling an extended battery or the circle-pad accessory.

Surprising to me, the battery life is never a bother, so I really doubt I'll pick up the redesign. The 3DS is much more of a solid first design than any of Nintendo's other first handheld designs, IMO.
---
If the game gets a bad score, bash the game; if the game gets a good score, bash the reviewer. - stanthelovebot
Buy these: Klonoa (Wii), Fragile Dreams,
#7Flamingcow99Posted 9/25/2011 4:30:14 PM
Yes.
Above statement is a fact.
---
3DS FC:4382-1981-7511. (E(:{)) VS. <('-'<) Who will win?Mario:2 Kirby:7
Member of the Pudding Defense Force *explodes*
#8ZurrurPosted 9/25/2011 4:32:29 PM
Wait for redesign, model with 2nd analog stick comes out next year
#9netman70Posted 9/25/2011 5:23:02 PM
Buy this system asap. There already a few good games out (star fox 64 3D, OoT 3D, SSFIV, Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars just to name a few) and were getting some major games in the next few months such as Super Mario 3D Land and Mario Kart 7. The 3DS is now the system to get, espically with the price drop.
---
Playing: Random games off GameFly, OoT 3D, Golden Sun Dark Dawn, Pokemon Diamond.
3DS FC: 4081 5672 7093 Diamond FC: 2022 2406 3297
#10phildoolPosted 9/25/2011 5:28:43 PM
Zurrur posted...
Wait for redesign, model with 2nd analog stick comes out next year

You have no proof of that. You and everyone else saying that are just making assumptions. It is possible but there is little to no evidence supporting that.
---
Warning: Trolling will result in immediate decapitation.
Come again and have a nice day.