about the nyko power pak+... Am I the only one?

#1Spiffy247Posted 9/25/2011 4:53:07 PM
I used my nyko power pak + and dock since June 1st, day I got my 3DS. than about a week ago, i switched to the regular battery and dock.
The nyko battery never gave me an accurate power reading. It was bulky. and the dock simply stopped working. Then, the battery lasted less time before I switched. I am just fine with the regular battery. I don't mind carrying my car charger on trips.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The DS and PSP are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#2paulinkPosted 9/25/2011 4:55:09 PM
The only nyko product i've ever had work correctly is their power shot. They seem to be a pretty poor company.
---
"Wow, you must be the pinnacle of human conscience."-CEs_EFG
RIP TREES
#3scorejunkiePosted 9/25/2011 5:01:59 PM
As a kid back in the GameCube days, I didn't know much about 1st/3rd party companies and had Nyko memory cards for awhile. Those things always got corrupted, it pissed me off day in and day out.
#4NekoakumaPosted 9/25/2011 5:03:00 PM
portable battery chargers are better than 3rd party batteries imo.

the increased size, etc stops you from using some cases/shells, and/or possible attachments.
---
To avoid further confusion: Any 3DS related post made by me, assume it is JPN Region, and yes I am Japanese. Now quit PM'ing me about it.
#5NinjaKitsunePosted 9/25/2011 5:03:42 PM
Their charging cradle is a POS. I noticed it switching on and off repeatedly the one time I did use it which could shorten battery life and damage the battery. Since then I've charged with the cable and had no problems at all.
---
When your only tool's a hammer, your problems begin looking like nails.If your hammer or technique's bad, those problems may become dull or bent out of shape...
#6NekoakumaPosted 9/25/2011 5:12:33 PM
NinjaKitsune posted...
Their charging cradle is a POS. I noticed it switching on and off repeatedly the one time I did use it which could shorten battery life and damage the battery. Since then I've charged with the cable and had no problems at all.

Nothing wrong with the charging cradle. Was the plug properly in?
The charge automatically cuts off when it's full, then it runs off mains power.
---
To avoid further confusion: Any 3DS related post made by me, assume it is JPN Region, and yes I am Japanese. Now quit PM'ing me about it.
#7Spiffy247(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2011 5:17:56 PM
my charging cradle started ok. Then I had to position it perfectly to get it to charge. Then I had to do that every 30 minutes until it finished. Then it stopped working altogether.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The DS and PSP are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#8housemonkeyPosted 9/25/2011 5:39:27 PM
The cradle is rubbish. The battery is working good still for me though. I would not be surprised if it was the cradle that jacked up the charging life somehow.
---
Nobody's got anything on me, brother, sir. I've been out of the rookers of the milicents for a long time now.
#9strongo9Posted 9/25/2011 6:44:07 PM
That's what you get for buying a Nyko product. When it comes to 3rd party accessories and controllers, never buy a Nykro or Mad Catz product. Buy 1st party or from a good company like Hori.
---
Want Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7, Paper Mario, Luigi's Mansion 2,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Kirby Mass Attack, Kirby's Return to Dreamland and Skyward Sword!
#10PlaysaverPosted 9/25/2011 6:47:45 PM
I stopped using the charging cradle on day one of getting it.
The battery is fine the cradle sucks.