What do people want from Nintendo anyway?

#1Chaosmaster8753Posted 9/25/2011 10:29:09 PM
I'm having a hard time describing this, but a few things I don't get about people's expectations from Nintendo are things like wanting better third party support yet saying they buy Nintendo games from their systems mostly and also demanding a major third party exclusive on a Nintendo system be ported to another platform. Also, if people are going to call out Ninty's games for "rehashing," how come when almost every other major publisher does a similar thing just as much or even worse don't get called out as much?
#2LightHawKnightPosted 9/25/2011 10:31:35 PM
This is gamefaqs, home of the trolls, aka a giant bridge. So learn to ignore the idiots.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#3Lord_FroodPosted 9/25/2011 10:32:48 PM
I just want some new games is all.

*quietly and patiently sits down and waits for KI:U and MK7*
---
"I see past the boobs for the heart." - Mattperd
Official House Speaker AND Secretary of the NDF
#4ORANGE666Posted 9/25/2011 10:38:38 PM(edited)
The volume of games isn't the reason, it's the time. Nintendo has been pushing out the same series for decades now, with only a few new IP's being either second or third party games like Golden Sun
#5Lord_FroodPosted 9/25/2011 10:40:23 PM
ORANGE666 posted...
The volume of games isn't the reason, it's the time. Nintendo has been pushing out the same series for decades now, with only a few new IP's being either second or third party games.

This is a problem how?
The same could be said for ANY company, first or third party. Besides, just because it's the same franchise doesn't mean that they're all the same thing. Compare Mario & Luigi, Super Mario Galaxy, and NSMBW. I'm sure you'll find 3 very distinct experiences.
---
"I see past the boobs for the heart." - Mattperd
Official House Speaker AND Secretary of the NDF
#6Zetsuei_8823Posted 9/25/2011 10:51:21 PM(edited)
I've seen people want a lot.
The more reasonable being wanting more games for their 3DSs.
The more idiotic going into making Ninty a 3rd party developer/phone apps--for the reason that they don't like Nintendo, but would play their games on the other consoles. >_>

And chicken. Roasted chicken and roasted potatoes. (yum)
---
- Russian Fruitcup -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7yEDTu6_Vc&feature=feedu
#7MattperdPosted 9/25/2011 11:56:41 PM
"What do people want from Nintendo anyway?"

Their body.
---
OBJECTION! ... in 3D!
"You're quoting Mattperd now? What is the world coming to? Note: Mattperd is awesome, but he's a bot." - Foofyhead
#8JorgezxPosted 9/26/2011 12:19:35 AM
They want what they want. Individually. Is hard to please everybody.
---
Opinion is the medium between knowledge and ignorance.- Plato
#9Chaosmaster8753(Topic Creator)Posted 9/26/2011 12:36:33 AM
Jorgezx posted...
They want what they want. Individually. Is hard to please everybody.

^The truth.
#10Pac12345Posted 9/26/2011 12:42:52 AM
I can think of a few options:

-They want Nintendo to fail
-They want Nintendo to give them a house
-They want Nintendo to become a "powerhouse-entertainment-multimedia-hardcore do-it-all-in-one-cheap-but-luxurious-waterproof-compatible-with-all-devices-and-media-terrorist-killer-cancer-slayer-mature-poverty-eradicator-mind-reader-steroid-version-2.0" company
-Nintendo and/or Sony/Microsoft to join forces and create the most awesome console ever (See above point)