Is Nintendo finally listening to consumer comments and complaints now?

#1Cyber Akuma ZeroPosted 9/28/2011 1:48:18 AM
Everyone complained that the 3DS was too expensive at launch (face it diehards, just about everyone did). And after taking a beating, Nintendo finally relented and priced the system just barely above cost.

They seem to be listening to a lot of other complaints and comments consumers had too, namely, how the eshop is a mess and if the 3DS can record video. Nintendo will be rolling out an update that changes the eShop and adds video recording.

They are even adding (Though IMO its far too late, accessories never succeed) a second analog stick.

Even friend codes are massively toned down after every consumer and developer complained about them for years since the DS (At long ****ing LAST, though I still feel they should be completely gone).

Nintendo for years now has just been doing whatever they feel like, no matter what people say..... but now after the beating they took from releasing the 3DS for $250 they seem to have done a 180 on this. Do you think they might actually start listening now if there is enough outcry about something?

The only other big thing I can think of that people complain about is how so many Nintendo multiplayer games lack online, obviously its too late for games already released like StarFox, as even though they probably could release a patch, you don't really just add online to an existing offline game.... do you think future games they might finally start heavily considering online play? Nintendo never really was big on online, even though they were testing online system in Japan since the SNES, long before Sony and MS even had a console out, and basically were dragged kicking and screaming into the online world with the DS and Wii (GC's online doesn't even count) after how big it became on the Sony and MS systems. Even after they forced to, they made it a pointless mess with DS's annoying friend code system. Wii if anything only made it even worse and more restrictive...

Do you think now Nintendo might FINALLY learn that online is here to stay and they can't keep half-***ing it and refusing to include it in their multiplayer games?
---
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile
#2med088Posted 9/28/2011 1:50:52 AM
I'm not going to be holding my breath, but I guess it's possible.
---
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!"
#3LHS_2012Posted 9/28/2011 1:53:46 AM
Cyber Akuma Zero posted...
Everyone complained that the 3DS was too expensive at launch (face it diehards, just about everyone did). And after taking a beating, Nintendo finally relented and priced the system just barely above cost.

They seem to be listening to a lot of other complaints and comments consumers had too, namely, how the eshop is a mess and if the 3DS can record video. Nintendo will be rolling out an update that changes the eShop and adds video recording.

They are even adding (Though IMO its far too late, accessories never succeed) a second analog stick.

Even friend codes are massively toned down after every consumer and developer complained about them for years since the DS (At long ****ing LAST, though I still feel they should be completely gone).

Nintendo for years now has just been doing whatever they feel like, no matter what people say..... but now after the beating they took from releasing the 3DS for $250 they seem to have done a 180 on this. Do you think they might actually start listening now if there is enough outcry about something?

The only other big thing I can think of that people complain about is how so many Nintendo multiplayer games lack online, obviously its too late for games already released like StarFox, as even though they probably could release a patch, you don't really just add online to an existing offline game.... do you think future games they might finally start heavily considering online play? Nintendo never really was big on online, even though they were testing online system in Japan since the SNES, long before Sony and MS even had a console out, and basically were dragged kicking and screaming into the online world with the DS and Wii (GC's online doesn't even count) after how big it became on the Sony and MS systems. Even after they forced to, they made it a pointless mess with DS's annoying friend code system. Wii if anything only made it even worse and more restrictive...

Do you think now Nintendo might FINALLY learn that online is here to stay and they can't keep half-***ing it and refusing to include it in their multiplayer games?

*cough*Dualshock*cough*

And Nintendo always listen to customer complaints. They just never listen to all of them. Pretty much every console and handheld of there's modernizes all but a handful of very noticeable things.
---
And you definitely won't be laughing September 13 when they cancel the 3DS. ~thundercat2600, Aug 24, 2011
Gamertag: Starfish Hero
#4DeathSoul2000Posted 9/28/2011 1:55:34 AM
LHS_2012 posted...
*cough*Dualshock*cough*

And Nintendo always listen to customer complaints. They just never listen to all of them. Pretty much every console and handheld of there's modernizes all but a handful of very noticeable things.

*cough*notaportable*cough
---
Super Nintendo Defender system
#5LHS_2012Posted 9/28/2011 1:57:30 AM
DeathSoul2000 posted...
LHS_2012 posted...
*cough*Dualshock*cough*

*cough*notaportable*cough

*cough*stillanaccessory*cough*
---
And you definitely won't be laughing September 13 when they cancel the 3DS. ~thundercat2600, Aug 24, 2011
Gamertag: Starfish Hero
#6Cyber Akuma Zero(Topic Creator)Posted 9/28/2011 2:13:14 AM
Dualshock doesn't count, controls for a handheld are built in, controllers for a console are removable, its comparing apples to oranges. Plus, Sony started including them with every PS1 after the controller launched anyway.
---
"A train station is where a train stops. A bus station is where a bus stops. On my desk I have a workstation." - William Faulkner
Gamertag in profile
#7d0wnerPosted 9/28/2011 2:14:56 AM
Nintendo listening to their fans is exactly what got us the most stale, derivative console Zelda in the series. It may have sounded good in theory, it was a disaster in practice.
---
shoot the core.
#8CaptainDrekPosted 9/28/2011 2:44:56 AM
1: They always have listened to consumers, but no publisher does everything the people want.

2: You can say "half assing it".

3: The Dualshock was a fine analogy.

4: Oranges >>> Apples.
---
http://backloggery.com/captaindrek
#9ferofaxPosted 9/28/2011 2:48:22 AM
Only if the consumer holds a significant amount of Nintendo stocks.

Else, no. They don't care about multiplayer, because for them it's optional at best. Something that can be shrugged off when push comes to shove.

Just look at Starfox 64 3D, going Han Solo. It should've been Star Wars then, lol.

They took their sweet time in choosing which games to make, and then took some more time in allocating resources, and then took some more time thinking it over some more. That's why the good titles took a while to start coming, and that's why they had to push Starfox, and that's why they shrugged online off of it.
---
PSzero FC: 3523-7125-5632, COD:MWM, MPH, FFTA2
#10zerobeta3Posted 9/28/2011 3:17:19 AM
But that second analog can be detached and is not necessary to play even for the games that will use them so why isn't the dual shock relevant?
---
You think the funniest things when a cat is flying at your face at high speed.....