Would you want a proper sequel to Super Mario Sunshine on the 3DS

#11SSJ4CHRISPosted 10/2/2011 5:05:33 PM(edited)
yea remake every game ever on the 3DS, just so next gen's handheld can remake the remakes and fanboys can scream that their favorite remake didn't get remade.

I wonder what the next handheld will call its "classics" line? The un-3D classics? Because the 3D proved to be a failed gimmick with the 3DS in Nintendo's eyes, so they won't dare add it to the next one just to make it compatable with 3DS titles for BC.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225
PSN: phayro_rip
#12Zetsuei_8823Posted 10/2/2011 5:07:18 PM
Second_Chances posted...
Lord_Frood posted...
Rather have it on the Wii U for glorious HD Delfino Island.

No, I don't want Galaxy Syndrome.

Too much shiny sparklies. I'd rather have it go Cel-shaded like WW

This is the second time I've seen you post you wanted something with the cel shading of WW. I personally hated how WW looked. Does the cel-shading have a part in it? Or was it just the way the characters were designed?

Sorry if that's not very clear. ._.
---
- Russian Fruitcup -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p7yEDTu6_Vc&feature=feedu
#13Zero3DPosted 10/2/2011 5:08:05 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
yea remake every game ever on the 3DS, just so next gen's handheld can remake the remakes and fanboys can scream that their favorite remake didn't get remade.

I wonder what the next handheld will call its "classics" line? The un-3D classics? Because the 3D proved to be a failed gimmick with the 3DS in Nintendo's eyes, so they won't dare add it to the next one just to make it compatable with 3DS titles for BC.

You may want to read the title again:
Would you want a proper sequel to Super Mario Sunshine on the 3DS
#14nintendoggerPosted 10/2/2011 5:09:26 PM
markcorey97 posted...
YES. SMS is my favorite Mario game ever, grew up with my gamecube

This this this this this this!!!!
---
"UNLESS someone like you cares a whole awful lot. Nothing is going to get better. It's not." ~ Dr. Seuss
Official NDF President
#15VyersPosted 10/2/2011 5:18:08 PM
Nope; the 3DS controls are not able to emulate SMS' controls without making drastic changes. I'd rather have a sequel for Wii or Wii U.
---
Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Alice in Wonderland (DS), Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
#16gransPosted 10/2/2011 6:37:56 PM

Nope; the 3DS controls are not able to emulate SMS' controls without making drastic changes. I'd rather have a sequel for Wii or Wii U.

Depends on your definition of drastic changes. I'd call the necessary changes pretty minor personally. Minor remapping and tweaking, but no changes to the core gameplay mechanics whatsoever. Only the shoulder button controls need to be reworked slightly (and only for R, i don't think L had anything really analog about it).

Analog Stick- Move
Dpad- camera control (c-stick replacement, originally the dpad wasn't even used)
B- Jump, swim up
Y- dive/lunge, Pick up, throw, swim down, talk
A- Change Nozzle
X- Hold down for sidestepping mode
L- Swing camera behind you, ground pound while airborne
R- Spray water, no longer need to press to refill, it's now done automatically whenever you're in water
Start- pause
Select- Guidebook (replacement for Z)

The analog nature of the L and R buttons is gone on 3DS. But the controls could very easily be tweaked to work on 3DS, without even changing anything about the game itself. L didn't even have any real analog properties in the original game IIRC. Only R did. Holding down lightly allowed you to walk while spraying. Holding it down all the way entered an aiming mode. In essence though, the latter control scheme was redundant. There was already an aiming mode entered into by using Y in the original control scheme. It basically did exactly the same thing, it just didn't position the camera behind you when using it like holding R all the way down did.

The new method of entering a precise aiming mode would be L+R with analog stick for aiming. L positions the camera behind Mario as it always has. While holding L, R triggers the water spray and zooms closer over Mario's shoulder. You can then aim freely with the analog stick as you previously would in the original. Letting go of L snaps back to the regular view. This new method eliminates redundant aiming controls and hybridizes the two aiming systems in a more intuitive way IMO. Nothing about the gameplay, levels, or anything internal would even need to be changed to accommodate this slightly tweaked system.

How drastic you think that is is another matter entirely. I think it's relatively minor myself. Far bigger more drastic changes were made to New Play Control! GC-to-Wii ports, as well as the Metroid Prime Trilogy pack. Besides that, this is also a topic about a sequel, which wouldn't necessarily control exactly like the original anyways.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville