kinda worried...at Gamestop and it has to do with 3DS

#1Darkstorm16Posted 10/3/2011 8:50:12 AM
Idk if anyone's gamestop is like this but I went to Gamestop yesterday and I haven't been there since the release date of Zelda OOT 3D, anyways I noticed the whole store has changed, I was worried because I saw mostly PS3, Wii and XBox 360 sections of the wall and I looked, there's a small little section for Nintendo DS and 3DS with no more than what looked like 50 pre owned games and 10 new games, and what made matters worse is that the PSP has not a wall but a little built in isle shelf about the size of those book carts at the library. It's making me wonder.......are handhelds going out or is it just my store? On a brighter topic I got Final Fantasy 3 for the DS for 9.99 :) yay its gonna be awesome on my 3ds, now I just have 16.55 on my in store credit to buy something from their (which is doubtful because all I saw was 5 copies of Heathcliff and Bionics mostly sitting there) or buy online but idk what yet.
---
Pokemon Black FC 3825-9671-1276 name Hunter
3DS FC 1891-1174-0300
#2AndrewDean84xPosted 10/3/2011 8:53:44 AM
My gamestop has 2 sections for the DS, and one section for the 3DS. PSP has been on an encap for a couple of years now. Maybe next year the DS section will be reduced to one section and the Vita will get a section for itself.
---
GameFAQs user H4K stole a code from another Gamefaqs user.
#3LightHawKnightPosted 10/3/2011 9:03:14 AM
Well the gamestops I randomly wander in to when I have no choice to get a game that I want, there is generally two little sections for the DS, and one section for the psp. And every other wall for ps3, 360 and wii games. Handhelds seem to have a tiny amount of games for some reason.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#4baconcow1812Posted 10/3/2011 9:16:28 AM
I buy most of my games from Amazon and Wal-Mart. I only go to Gamestop/EB Games when I have (Devil Survivor Overclocked) to or I want a game pre-ordered that I don't know if other stores will carry day 1 due to lack of talk about it (Tetris Axis).
---
"the hell!?"
#5keyblader1985Posted 10/3/2011 9:25:42 AM
I think it's just your location; my store has been the same since the 3DS came out.

...And notice how this topic is steadily devolving into a general "gamestop sux" topic? This is what I was talking about the other day.
---
Now Playing: You don't f***ing care.
FC: See Now Playing
#6UiruPosted 10/3/2011 10:01:48 AM
That they are sometimes the best/only option does not mean they are not terrible.

I prefer to get my games new-new from Rosenqueen 8)

GS/EB is okay for preordering stuff with special editions, but they quickly drop to "paying for convenience" after that. Tactics Ogre PSP new for $20? Love to! No sealed copy? No sale.
---
~Uiru
#7LightHawKnightPosted 10/3/2011 10:29:08 AM

I think it's just your location; my store has been the same since the 3DS came out.

...And notice how this topic is steadily devolving into a general "gamestop sux" topic? This is what I was talking about the other day.

If gamestop didn't do so many questionable practices there would be no gamestop sux topics, this happens for a reason. What other store opens up a game and tries to sell it for new? What other store actually opens up all the games to take out a special promotional item and then sell it for new? What store wants to sell a game for 5 bucks more than every other store around? What store tries to force you to preorder as many games as possible? It is kinda hard to see the goodness in GS.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#8The_BonesPosted 10/3/2011 10:29:20 AM
The psp section at gamestop has been pretty small for a while. The DS section in the stores around my area are generally a little bit smaller than the Wii section and the 3DS section is a little less than half of that but thats mainly due to there not being many games out for it.
#9hydra_dragonPosted 10/3/2011 10:33:19 AM
A few that I went into:

PS3:Whole wall

360:Whole wall

Wii: a section

DS/3DS: share a section

PSP: bigger than the DS/3DS, but still small

PC: on small racks.

Gaming accessories: on small racks

(Gaming)Toys: On small racks.
---
Godzilla for President 2012!
#10BlackPhoenix127Posted 10/3/2011 10:35:29 AM
This is actually kinda common sense. It's because:

A) PSP/DS/3DS games and packages are smaller. IE you can put more in less space so they need less space.

B) Handhelds aren't as big here in the west as else where compared to consoles so they tend to get a a little less in terms of the amount of games. Especially with the 3DS since it just came out this year and the library is still growing.
---
PSN: Azure-Edge