The 3ds hurts my eyes.

#11ian2093Posted 10/3/2011 1:24:39 PM
Tempest717 posted...
Take a 15 minute break after every 45 minutes of play.

That's a bit impractical. Sure that's what they recommend but you shouldn't have to do that. I don't at least. Do you wear contacts or glasses? Try playing without them if you can still see okay. But no, you shouldn't need to take 15 minute breaks every 45 minutes.
---
When all else fails, rage quit.
#12LightHawKnightPosted 10/3/2011 1:26:00 PM

That's a bit impractical. Sure that's what they recommend but you shouldn't have to do that. I don't at least. Do you wear contacts or glasses? Try playing without them if you can still see okay. But no, you shouldn't need to take 15 minute breaks every 45 minutes.

Your eyes will thank you in the future if you take at least a 10 minute break every hour.

---
"You're in America now, Our idea of diplomacy is showing up with a gun in one hand and a sandwich in the other and asking which you'd prefer."
#13scotpelkPosted 10/3/2011 1:26:53 PM
Are you going from a DSi XL and now squinting a lot? LOL

How close is the screen to your face? If it's touching your nose, I'd suggest backing up a tad.

Really though... I can't see why you'd be having issues now unless it's brightness like the others have said. Is it with any particular game?
#14Lord_FroodPosted 10/3/2011 1:27:33 PM
Just do the break trick is all.

Also, try holding your system further or closer to you. You might just be putting strain on your eyes from where you are looking at it.

Do you ever get these problems with TV screens or computer monitors?
---
"I see past the boobs for the heart." - Mattperd
Official House Speaker AND Secretary of the NDF
#15pikachupwnagePosted 10/3/2011 1:32:42 PM
justindreams posted...
The 3ds hurts my eyes, and NOT when it is on 3d mode, just the regular screen, it didn't happen with the other ds. my question is can i do anything to not have my eyes hurt so much?

You just have sensitive eyes or are playing it for hours on end no breaks
---
Its a trap so screw the rules and Do a barrel roll OVER 9000 times if you leik mudkipz. My body is ready to abuse memes. member of the ELN
#16ssbmrocksPosted 10/3/2011 1:50:18 PM
Goombacrusher07 posted...
Wear sunglasses while you play your 3DS at minimum brightness and on power-saving mode

Not only is it easy on the eyes, but you'll look uber cool in the process!
---
Mermaid Man: "Sure, the power's all in the costume. Why else would we run around in colored undies?
Squidward: "I can think of 3 good reasons :)
#17Kitt ThrustPosted 10/3/2011 2:33:09 PM
get these - http://www.3dsbuzz.com/a-new-way-to-reduce-eye-strain-whilst-playing-your-3ds-and-look-ridiculous/
---
http://i.imgur.com/6Gu0M.gif