so im trying to get online with Dragon quest monsters 2 joker.

#21ss_beelzebubPosted 10/4/2011 9:50:00 PM
I dont see how Nintendo fails when they didnt develop the game. Pokemon black and white were made to work with the wap settings
#22PokeMasterPosted 10/4/2011 9:58:41 PM
ss_beelzebub posted...
I dont see how Nintendo fails when they didnt develop the game. Pokemon black and white were made to work with the wap settings

BW also came out 5 months after DQM2
---
To avoid further confusion: Any 3DS related post made by me, assume it is JPN Region, and yes I am Japanese.
#23VyersPosted 10/5/2011 12:11:25 AM
Starwars4J posted...
So you not being able to do something simple that so many others can without a problem is nintendo's fault? Wow...I agree about this being your last Nintendo system, apparently it's a bit too hard to figure out for some...

You can't go on WPA with DS games. At least, not on DSi, I don't think, due to security reasons.
---
Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Alice in Wonderland (DS), Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
#24VyersPosted 10/5/2011 12:13:04 AM
Also, this may not be developed by Nintendo, but it's Nintendo that is responsible for the security measures. Before the DSi, I could get on with a WPA router; however, after the DSi was released, it wouldn't accept it for regular DS games.
---
Playing: The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D, Alice in Wonderland (DS), Shin Megami Tensei: Strange Journey
#25PokeMasterPosted 10/5/2011 12:15:36 AM
Vyers posted...
Also, this may not be developed by Nintendo, but it's Nintendo that is responsible for the security measures. Before the DSi, I could get on with a WPA router; however, after the DSi was released, it wouldn't accept it for regular DS games.

I'm not sure what you mean by this.

You're saying before the DSi, you could use WPA to connect DS games online, and afterwards it didn't?

DS games won't connect to WPA if played on a DSi or 3DS. . .
---
To avoid further confusion: Any 3DS related post made by me, assume it is JPN Region, and yes I am Japanese.
#26VyersPosted 10/5/2011 12:36:19 AM
Basically, WPA is compatible with DS Lite, but not DSi/3DS.
---
#27PokeMasterPosted 10/5/2011 7:58:24 AM
Vyers posted...
Basically, WPA is compatible with DS Lite, but not DSi/3DS.

Eh? I think you've got that backwards. . .

DSPhat/DSLite only support WEP.
DSi onwards supports WPA.
---