Divided between what ought be my next console ...

#1WesternShotgunPosted 10/4/2011 4:27:15 AM
I'm getting a new console in December and I'm not sure what to pick between the PS3, Vita, 3DS and the Wii.

I love RPGs and survival horrors and really play most anything with decent storyline/gameplay. Not too much for multiplayer since I rarely play online. My budget also tends to be tight and I'm not really aware of how the games for the 4 consoles compare in terms of price. I've tried out the 3DS and I really love the 3D but is it going to be worth it in the long run?
---
Official ATS Ace-Trey-Seven of Final Fantasy Type-0 Board
#2MicroNintySonyPosted 10/4/2011 4:31:26 AM
If you don't have a DS then I suggest getting a 3DS for the wealth of RPGs and other games on the system. Also for all of the upcoming 3DS games.
---
Currently Playing: DS:Pokemon Platinum/ 3DS:LoZ:OoT/ GBA:Pokemon LeafGreen/ Wii:SSBB/ Gamecube:FFCC XBox360:Fable 3/ PS3:Demon's Souls/ PSP:P3P/ PC:The Sims3
#3pikachupwnagePosted 10/4/2011 4:34:15 AM
WesternShotgun posted...
I'm getting a new console in December and I'm not sure what to pick between the PS3, Vita, 3DS and the Wii.

I love RPGs and survival horrors and really play most anything with decent storyline/gameplay. Not too much for multiplayer since I rarely play online. My budget also tends to be tight and I'm not really aware of how the games for the 4 consoles compare in terms of price. I've tried out the 3DS and I really love the 3D but is it going to be worth it in the long run?

Hmm Well 3DS is a great choice becuase

1. It already has a resident evil game and another is on the way(survival horror)
2. has access to the massive DS RPG library
3. Doesn't focus on online(you said you aren't big on online)
4. Has some RPG's on the way ( tales of the Abyss the inevitable pokemon games, that braveley default game etc.)
5. its games are cheapest i belive (wii games are 50$ or less PS3 are 60$ or less and vita games will probably be more expensive then 3DS games) 3DS games are 40$ or less
6. It will be worth it in the long run There is a buttload of games coming next year and before christmas
---
Its a trap so screw the rules and Do a barrel roll OVER 9000 times if you leik mudkipz. My body is ready to abuse memes. member of the ELN
#4zerobeta3Posted 10/4/2011 4:34:17 AM
I think your best bet is to choose between the PS3, Wii, 3DS as the Vita will only launch in japan in December and all the games will be in the Japanese language unless your not bothered by that.
---
You think the funniest things when a cat is flying at your face at high speed.....
#5pikachupwnagePosted 10/4/2011 4:34:42 AM
zerobeta3 posted...
I think your best bet is to choose between the PS3, Wii, 3DS as the Vita will only launch in japan in December and all the games will be in the Japanese language unless your not bothered by that.

This as well
---
Its a trap so screw the rules and Do a barrel roll OVER 9000 times if you leik mudkipz. My body is ready to abuse memes. member of the ELN
#6Tempest717Posted 10/4/2011 4:37:24 AM
There's a possibility of the Wii U coming out late next year, so you may want to put off getting a Wii, just get a PS3 or 3DS
---
Official King of the Time Travelers 3DS Board
Official Fatalis of the MHTriG and MH4 Boards
#7pikachupwnagePosted 10/4/2011 4:39:48 AM
Wii Doesn't have many new games coming but it has many must owns such as

metriod prime trilogy
both of the mario galaxies
new super mario bros wii
super smash bros brawl
mario kart wii
kirby returns to dreamland(comes out on the 24th)
legend of zelda skyward sword (nov 20th)
The bit trip games
world of Goo
legend of zelda twilight princess
monster hunter tri
and more

so it worth checking out

PS3 has plenty of great games as well but is more expensive but is still worth checking it out.

3DS is your best bet With Wii and PS3 being a close second. Vita won't even be out in EU or NA this year so if you want your system this year vitas out of the question.
---
#8pikachupwnagePosted 10/4/2011 4:40:25 AM
Tempest717 posted...
There's a possibility of the Wii U coming out late next year, so you may want to put off getting a Wii, just get a PS3 or 3DS

yeah 3DS then save up for WII U
---
#9paulinkPosted 10/4/2011 5:01:06 AM
I would say go with a ps3. It's a choice time to buy one with a decent library. The 3ds is still trying to find it's footing and people come here to constantly whine about where the games at.
---
"Wow, you must be the pinnacle of human conscience."-CEs_EFG
RIP TREES
#10mcsmellingtonPosted 10/4/2011 7:01:58 AM
I'd say PS3. It can be used as a blu-ray player as well, and they're fairly cheap now too. Even if you're not a fan of online, it has a decent online set up and the PSN store should you ever change your mind.

3DS I'd wait for the next iteration is announced, just to see what changes will be made.
---
GT: McPoo