Did Capcom ever mention the reason why they cancelled MML3?

#1darkqueenhelbaPosted 10/4/2011 9:53:19 PM
I don't really care either way, but I was curious as to what the specifics about the project were.
---
Wii#7881-1500-1074-0649
Excitebike: 1419-6846-9793
#2MattperdPosted 10/4/2011 9:59:27 PM
darkqueenhelba posted...
I don't really care either way,

...wat?
---
OBJECTION! ... In 3D!! Official VP of the NDF
#3MrBanballowPosted 10/4/2011 10:01:12 PM
Fans weren't working hard enough, lazy fans.
---
Not changing this sig until Another Code R (Wii) is announced for the US.
Started: October 5, 2008
#4CommanderxGreenPosted 10/4/2011 10:01:51 PM
There was the deal with CapcomEuro's twitter where they hinted that low devroom numbers may've been involved. It would make sense, considering Capcom was depending on fans' support for the game; and considering they'd hosted an entire Devroom event just for the purpose of promoting the Devroom-- and that event was a colossal flop, as far as I could tell.

But other than that, there wasn't really anything like an explanation.
#5CommanderxGreenPosted 10/4/2011 10:07:26 PM
yanya posted...

The fans were working hard enough, there just weren't enough of them.
#6darkqueenhelba(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2011 10:09:07 PM
Do we know a rough estimate of fans for the project? If numbers were the case it must of been a game with fairly high production values.
---
Wii#7881-1500-1074-0649
Excitebike: 1419-6846-9793
#7CorruptedRPGPosted 10/4/2011 10:15:23 PM
Did Capcom ever mention the reason why they cancelled MML3?

They said fans didn't show enough support on the dev page. The real reason is obviously because Inafune left.

Futher proof is even after he left the company, he contacted them to let him finish the project and they said no.
---
Near the END of the YEAR until GBA Ambassador titles are released
3DS FC: ????-????-????
#8Im_A_DogPosted 10/4/2011 11:43:21 PM
Hello my queen :3
#9nonexistingheroPosted 10/4/2011 11:45:07 PM
CommanderxGreen posted...
yanya posted...

The fans were working hard enough, there just weren't enough of them.

That's just a rather sad excuse. The MML games sold like what... maybe 50 thousand at best? They were expecting about 5000 people for the dev room.

Basically, for a franchise that was never super popular to begin with, they expected around 10% of the old userbase to help with the development after more than 10 years.

Oh, and let's not forget that it wasn't very easy to become a devroom member either. Hell, I had contributed a bit to forums and stuff before after signing up, but I had no idea that I had to go to some vague part of the site to actually become a member.

Their expectations were as realistic as expecting an overweight guy to set the new world record for running.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#10hypermoePosted 10/5/2011 12:39:14 AM
Didnt they say it was because certain criteria wasnt meant? Yet they havent stated what those criteria was. If capcom actually believe that every single person who wanted the game would have join the dev room they obviously have their minds somewhere else. I didnt even know there was a devroom for this game, or even what it meant till after the game got canceled. They had very poor advertisement if that was the case.

Plus the name "Dev-room" might have put off a lot of people. as they probably assumed they would have to come up with every little detail of the game. I thought it was like that as well. Its just some people arent creative enough to probably give in details some information of what they would want in a game. It isnt there job anyway. Its not like even if our ideas were to be put in the game would we get paid for it, or get a copy of the game anyway.
---
3DS FC: 5412-9893-0504