Paint wearing off on the side

#1OoSubaruoOPosted 10/4/2011 10:54:42 PM
Is this normal? I've been using a silicon protector for a while now, and just recently noticed on the edge on the right side, some of the blue paint is off.
---
3DS FC: 2406-5139-9141
#2Blood_NightsPosted 10/4/2011 10:56:54 PM
Has been since they started making handhelds.
---
Jewish and proud of it.
#3sumostickfigurePosted 10/4/2011 11:08:05 PM
So long as you're handling the system at all, the thing will wear out. If you hold it or put it in your pockets, the paint should wear out. If you tap the touch screen, that will stop working at some point in the future. If you press buttons, they'll stop working. If you move the circle pad around, it will eventually go loose. If you move the 3D slider enough times, it should stop functioning. If you turn the system on, the battery's capacity will wear itself out. Using things like screen protectors to guard your touch screen or protective cases to cover the system itself will only allow it to last longer, not keep it in pristine condition. I'd say a little worn out paint on the edge of your system is perfectly normal.
---
Nintendo Wasting your AA batteries since 1989
http://s417.photobucket.com/albums/pp257/sumostickfigure/th_Nightanim1.gif
#4OoSubaruoO(Topic Creator)Posted 10/4/2011 11:09:20 PM
Well, I've never really had this issue with my DSLite. Sigh.
---
3DS FC: 2406-5139-9141
#5crispyoPosted 10/4/2011 11:52:04 PM
sumostickfigure posted...
So long as you're handling the system at all, the thing will wear out. If you hold it or put it in your pockets, the paint should wear out. If you tap the touch screen, that will stop working at some point in the future. If you press buttons, they'll stop working. If you move the circle pad around, it will eventually go loose. If you move the 3D slider enough times, it should stop functioning. If you turn the system on, the battery's capacity will wear itself out. Using things like screen protectors to guard your touch screen or protective cases to cover the system itself will only allow it to last longer, not keep it in pristine condition. I'd say a little worn out paint on the edge of your system is perfectly normal.

except it's at most only 6 months old.