strat games?

#21TheloPronoeoPosted 10/6/2011 9:25:13 PM
gsninja posted...
I'm gonna agree with what others have said and suggest Devil Survivor Overclocked if you like Strategy RPGs at all. It's a great game.

I also have to agree with this. I got the game and have put in over 40 hours and haven't even beaten one route right (though that should change tonight as I'm at the last battle in the 8th day). I've been having a lot of fun with it because you can really customize your characters and demons with a bunch of different skills.
#22RogueThoughtsPosted 10/6/2011 9:31:24 PM
Fire Emblem 3DS (iirc it's made by the same guys who make Advance Wars), and SMT:DSO are the only ones I could think of. DS was amazing, and I'm sure DSO can only be better. Fire Emblem is....well...Fire Emblem. Some people hate it, and some people LOVE it.
#23LightHawKnightPosted 10/6/2011 9:35:07 PM

Fire Emblem 3DS (iirc it's made by the same guys who make Advance Wars), and SMT:DSO are the only ones I could think of. DS was amazing, and I'm sure DSO can only be better. Fire Emblem is....well...Fire Emblem. Some people hate it, and some people LOVE it.

How can you not know that IS makes both AW and FE as well as PM? There is nothing to hate about FE, unless you suck at videogames, since deaths are permanent!!!
---
"Me and polite have never been on close terms." Official Secretary of Defense of the NDF
#24FoofyheadPosted 10/6/2011 9:42:44 PM
yeah, but with the newer way FE games are done, deaths aren't even permanent anymore (save states, more or less).

Anyway, I have yet to look at a SJ FAQ, and I think I only visited the boards once.

Something else must have been occupying my time. And, I will beat Overclocked soon!
---
RIP Steve
#25LightHawKnightPosted 10/6/2011 9:44:35 PM

yeah, but with the newer way FE games are done, deaths aren't even permanent anymore (save states, more or less).

Anyway, I have yet to look at a SJ FAQ, and I think I only visited the boards once.

Something else must have been occupying my time. And, I will beat Overclocked soon!

Beat as in beat all the routes, or just one? Or even taking out the optional boss Lucy?

---
"Me and polite have never been on close terms." Official Secretary of Defense of the NDF
#26FoofyheadPosted 10/7/2011 9:27:05 AM
I don't know anything about the optional boss, and i assume in order to get all the endings, I need to play it through several times? Unless I make a few saves or something (but doesn't this game only allow for 2?) I'll beat the boss once, and then its on to other things.

I think I'll try beating SJ next. Keep in with the SMT games. And, when I have the money, I'll get Innocent Sin.

Speaking of Persona, is it just me (had to throw that internet cliche in there), or is the remake of Persona 1 on the PSP a lot less fun than the original? I have to beat that version too.
---
RIP Steve
#27LightHawKnightPosted 10/7/2011 9:38:17 AM

I don't know anything about the optional boss, and i assume in order to get all the endings, I need to play it through several times? Unless I make a few saves or something (but doesn't this game only allow for 2?) I'll beat the boss once, and then its on to other things.

I think I'll try beating SJ next. Keep in with the SMT games. And, when I have the money, I'll get Innocent Sin.

Speaking of Persona, is it just me (had to throw that internet cliche in there), or is the remake of Persona 1 on the PSP a lot less fun than the original? I have to beat that version too.

It has NG+ which speeds up the getting of all the paths. And you get a little icon on the screen for every path you did. I got Innocent Sin, it really isn't that amazing. It feels off to me, I got it before I got DQMJ2 and dropped it the moment I got DQMJ2 and finished that sucker before playing P2 again.

---
#28FoofyheadPosted 10/7/2011 10:18:18 AM
That's disappointing, since Eternal Punishment was pretty good.

I hope Persona 5 is like 3 and 4 though. Those were in classes of their own.

Good to hear about NG+.
---
RIP Steve