Why is glasses free such a big deal?

#1XspunkyXPosted 10/7/2011 8:01:42 AM
When it comes to wearing glasses to watch 3D Games/Movies, people make such a big deal out of it.
its like, IM NOT WEARING GLASSES!!! ILL WAIT FOR GLASSES FREE!!!

Now i don't wear glasses myself but i would have no problem putting on a pair to game or w/e.

also wouldn't it solve the sweet spot issues? like moving the 3DS to aim in Zelda and still seeing 3D no problem.

If Nintendo sold a 3DS which required Glasses, i'd buy that version anyday over the current one.
---
Favorite Games: Final Fantasy X, Borderlands, Diablo 2
#2Kill_Jill_Vol_1Posted 10/7/2011 8:03:43 AM
XspunkyX posted...
When it comes to wearing glasses to watch 3D Games/Movies, people make such a big deal out of it.
its like, IM NOT WEARING GLASSES!!! ILL WAIT FOR GLASSES FREE!!!

Now i don't wear glasses myself but i would have no problem putting on a pair to game or w/e.

also wouldn't it solve the sweet spot issues? like moving the 3DS to aim in Zelda and still seeing 3D no problem.

If Nintendo sold a 3DS which required Glasses, i'd buy that version anyday over the current one.

Because then people with glasses will complain and the cycle of *****ing starts all over again.
---
3DS FC: 2449 4821 3980 / PkMn Blk: 4212 5764 2338
RAWR NINTENDOOMED
#3gunstarzPosted 10/7/2011 8:05:45 AM
You'd still have to move your head to move with the 3ds with or without glasses.

It just means you don't have to take a pair of glasses around with you to use a portable console, or pop them on if you're on the bus/train/whatever. Plus, most 3D glasses look ridiculous.

I've already lost my stylus, I would lose glasses.
---
Currently Playing FF XIII (PS3), StarFox 64 3D (3DS)
http://i.imgur.com/4rSnz.png
#4XspunkyX(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2011 8:09:50 AM
gunstarz posted...
You'd still have to move your head to move with the 3ds with or without glasses.

It just means you don't have to take a pair of glasses around with you to use a portable console, or pop them on if you're on the bus/train/whatever. Plus, most 3D glasses look ridiculous.

But thats the thing, you CAN move your head with the glasses and still see 3D effects no problem.
---
Favorite Games: Final Fantasy X, Borderlands, Diablo 2
#5Lord_FroodPosted 10/7/2011 8:13:47 AM
I agree that they should have put in an option IF you want glasses.
---
"I never half-step cause I'm not a half-stepper, drink a lotta soda so they call me Dr. Pepper." - Phife Dawg
#6scotpelkPosted 10/7/2011 8:20:51 AM
Kill_Jill_Vol_1 posted...
Because then people with glasses will complain and the cycle of *****ing starts all over again.

^Someone who gets it.
#7Spiffy247Posted 10/7/2011 8:25:31 AM
Because it's less to carry around.
---
I'm clever, vaguely feminine, a vampire, and I wield Dice. PH33R.
The DS and PSP are both outstanding systems. Wally the Equality Weasel says so.
#8TwilightbanePosted 10/7/2011 8:26:04 AM
Using 3d glasses for a portable device especially in public? I'd rather start playing the psvita if that ever happened. Like that one post sometime above me said, use as an option, but nintendo would never do that.
---
Psn:twili23
#9gunstarzPosted 10/7/2011 8:35:20 AM
XspunkyX posted...
gunstarz posted...

But thats the thing, you CAN move your head with the glasses and still see 3D effects no problem.

But I can move my head without glasses and as long as I'm looking at the screen and it's a comfortable distance away, I can see the 3D.
---
Currently Playing FF XIII (PS3), StarFox 64 3D (3DS)
http://i.imgur.com/4rSnz.png
#10marchefelixPosted 10/7/2011 8:51:10 AM
Why is glasses free such a big deal?

Because no one actually likes wearing them
---
"Therapist" is "the rapist" made into a compound word.
DEATH BALLAD POINTS EARNED: 68.2658/100