Capcom has been getting a lot of flak lately...

#41helldewPosted 10/9/2011 8:26:33 PM
Endgame seems to agree with me, so your latter sentence is moot.

end game is a troll not saying you are but hes really not the person you want to be buddies with.

As for the former, Nintendo has abandoned many of their good IPs. F-Zero is the best example, seeing how the last good F-Zero game came out 9 years ago now? There were three on GBA, but America never saw the best F-Zero portable title, Climax. F-Zero was my second favorite Nintendo franchise behind Metroid. Nintendo has trolled us by putting F-Zero vehicles in Mario Kart, which is a downright insult to the hardcore nature of the series.

i wouldnt say F zero is dead just taking a rest. F zero wasnt making much money and kinda collapsed on it self the anime the GBA games GX etc none of it sold that said nintendo has shown that they will eventually try to reboot a series just wait.

And what about Nintendo running some series to the ground? The DS Zelda games were no where near as well designed compared to their GBC/GBA counterparts, and TP shouldn't be sharing the same console as WW. Not to say any current gen Zelda (Not hating on SS as that is not out yet) is bad, just none live up to their previous entries. Metroid has also had a rough time with Echoes or ZM (forget which came second) being the last great game in the franchise. Sure MP3 and MOM were decent, but nowhere near the quality of the previous games in the franchise. I'd personally rather have Metroid dead at this point rather than Nintendo ruining high standards the series is known for. Pokemon has been the same s*** since GSC, and the best part is none of their spinoffs even come close to Stadium. SSBB took every competitive aspect of SSBM and crushed it, making the franchise locked in casual mode. tl;dr Nintendo isn't as good as they used to be.

Brawl has a great competive environment. people say OMG its not melee pretty much at every corner. brawl has a very different style its not some peoples cup of tea and it does have its flaws but i can tell you no casual player could beat a good player at it. The game has a freakishly high skill ceiling ever wonder why their is still a tournament following for it? i know there is camping and blah blah blah but dont disregard it just cause the stupid elitists do.

the DS zeldas do indeed suck lol but TP was amazing IMO even better then WW in some regards IMO they are both around the same to me although i might give a slight edge to TP for me. MP3 was better then MP2... MOM i cant say much about due to me not playing it.

pokemon has been loved for being what it is. dont like it dont play it. the spin offs have actually been excellent. IMO the cube entries were better then stadium. stadium was like an expansion game to the GBC games. the cube games had their own stories they actually used double battles thoughout. had their own alright storylines with intresting organizations epic music and some pretty memorable characters to say the least. also Rumble seams to be ok (havent played it) and Mystery dungeon was flat out amazing it had a good story which is something very different for pokemon and the gameplay it self was pretty neat and a different change of pace..
---
ErrorSupply 3-D DS -OMG! It's the ultimate anti-pirate tech O:.
#42NinjaKitsunePosted 10/9/2011 9:08:46 PM

That...really doesn't help your case. Endgame is an extremely well known troll. Him agreeing with you is not a good thing. Just sayin'.
---
"We ask you to please remain seated as Captain Kangaroo bounces us to the terminal."
#43metroid00700Posted 10/10/2011 4:50:48 AM
NinjaKitsune posted...
That...really doesn't help your case. Endgame is an extremely well known troll. Him agreeing with you is not a good thing. Just sayin'.

Meh three other guys have agreed with me since him. :)
---
www.youtube.com/ONLYUSEmeFEET My Gaming Videos!
www.twitter.com/ONLYUSEmeFEET I game and type with my feet as well!
#44xCha0sPosted 10/10/2011 5:55:02 AM
they deserve it
#45BraveAdolPosted 10/10/2011 5:57:50 AM
L0L_FAQ posted...
BraveAdol posted...
Since the last good one was 8 years ago and Miyamoto expressed his distaste for the game

Wait, so not being released for a long time = dead series? Ever consider it's just not on the cards at the moment? Kid Icarus is coming back after being dead for 20 years, man.

Also, not in a confrontational fashion, but I'd like to see a link for where Miyamoto said that.

robomasteralpha posted...
Of course Endgame agreed with you. You could've said anything negative about Nintendo or JRPGs and he would've agreed with you. He shows up on Nintendo boards to say one of two things(regarding either Nintendo or JRPGs), then disappears.

Endgame in topic = confirmed lulz.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20037961,00.html

Yes, that has definitely happened. In the past we've worked with some outside development houses on titles like F-Zero and Starfox and let me just say that we were disappointed with the results.

So maybe it wasn't GX specifically, but it is hinted at here. I shouldn't have said it so matter of fact-ly before
---
Read my comics @ http://thejaystack.tumblr.com (Tell your friends!)
<3 Emily Haines of Metric is a GODDESS <3
#46metroid00700Posted 10/10/2011 5:57:55 AM
xCha0s posted...
they deserve it

No they... oh its you. Argument aborted.
---
#47Brad89Posted 10/10/2011 10:08:31 AM(edited)
All this "flak" they get can be applied to Nintendo just as easily and yet the Capcom haters just love Nintendo to death.
Really? So Nintendo has hyped the hell out of sequels to some of their more popular franchises and then randomly yanked them away while putting out utterly stupid reasons for it? ...No? Okay, thought so. I don't know what your game is, if you need to go back to the Vita or PS3 board, 360 board, or some Capcom game board, but nobody here who stops to think for a moment is impressed with your "Nintendo is worse lol" nonsense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh6b6NQQsZU

Oh lawdy that is too rich. Let me guess, do you also take Conservapedia's "Atheism and Obesity/Besteality" crap at face value?
---
RIP Lou Albano 1933 - 2009
RIP Eddie Guerrero 1967 - 2005
#48metroid00700Posted 10/10/2011 10:01:25 AM
Brad89 posted...
mjc0961 posted...
All this "flak" they get can be applied to Nintendo just as easily and yet the Capcom haters just love Nintendo to death.
Really? So Nintendo has hyped the hell out of sequels to some of their more popular franchises and then randomly yanked them away while putting out utterly stupid reasons for it? ...No? Okay, thought so. I don't know what your game is, if you need to go back to the Vita or PS3 board, 360 board, or some Capcom game board, but nobody here who stops to think for a moment is impressed with your "Nintendo is worse lol" nonsense.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wh6b6NQQsZU

Oh lawdy that is too rich. Let me guess, do you also take Conservapedia's "Atheism and Obesity/Besteality" crap at face value?

I seriously have never seen this Endgame dude before lol. Looks like I derailed my first topic lol by thinking he was legit. I know xChaos posts nonsense and that's all I've seen. Endgame didn't even need to end this one. But like I said others agree, but I suppose how I phrased that is funny.
---
#49ReddayePosted 10/10/2011 2:08:31 PM
Yet for all the hate Nintendo gets for not releasing new F-Zero games, etc they've just recently released the first new Punch-Out in ages, Kid Icarus, and Donkey Kong Country.

I'm no Nintendo fanboy by any stretch, but it doesn't matter what they do...people are gonna whine.

Capcom just need to start giving me more localized Monster Hunter and I'll stay off their backs lol.
---
"My vision is augmented." JC Denton
#50ZBug_Posted 10/10/2011 2:53:07 PM
Meh, I still like capcom, them and bioware are my favorite 3rd parties
---
"I've never in my life wanted to punch a girl like I want to right now" Light Yagami
Link has Big poofy pants cause he stores all those items in them