revision ? why are peopel talking about this

#1pairenoidPosted 10/10/2011 7:50:04 AM
3ds just came out and i hear talks about a revision

im still buying a red one today or tom, but wtf? i heard monster hunter req a dual analog but i saw a youtube vid proving it doesnt, it used the touch screen to emulate a dpad

i can see most games doing this, so why another ugly dual analog

if a revision is in the making i dont think it would come out within the year, but if it does how much do you get for a 3ds trade in ?

well how much did a ds lite go for towards 3ds back in the day

i dont care if it comes out with a revision to make it smaller or something only game changing revisions
---
this songs bass hit me harder than my alcoholic stepdad
#2elheberPosted 10/10/2011 7:56:42 AM
There has always been talk about what a redesign would be like, but a lot of exploded when rumors of the 2nd analog attachment surfaced. People assumed it means Nintendo regretted not adding a second analog to the initial design and needed to launch a new one asap.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
#3sebetaiPosted 10/10/2011 7:57:03 AM
Nintendo always makes a revision to their systems. It should have a better battery at the least and not scratch the screen when closed. That's pretty much all i ask. I believe that it might also be cheaper.

The whole slide pad thing is overblown. It's optional and the second screen makes up for it. I also doubt the revision will have the second slide pad in it since it's optional to begin with and no one mentioned the ZL/ZR buttons. Does no one know about them or something? I see the slide pad still being optional and coming with the revision as also a charging cradle substitute.
---
I loved, i lost, and i saw boobies. what more can a man ask for?
A teenage girl? Perry the teenage girl!
#4Starwars4JPosted 10/10/2011 8:09:05 AM
1. There has been no game announced where the second circle pad is mandatory
2. The average time between Nintendo handheld versions is 1.5-2 years, putting the next version of the 3DS in late 2012 to early 2013
3. Most of the people talking about the revision are trolls, as Nintendo actually puts out the LEAST number of revisions or versions of their consoles (handheld or home)
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#5pairenoid(Topic Creator)Posted 10/10/2011 8:09:34 AM
easy scratches? can you explain

i dont care about scratches but i do plan on trading it in if a revision comes out
i tend to take good care of my stuff too, however my ds lite was scratched like mad
---
this songs bass hit me harder than my alcoholic stepdad
#6Starwars4JPosted 10/10/2011 8:11:50 AM
pairenoid posted...

i dont care about scratches but i do plan on trading it in if a revision comes out
i tend to take good care of my stuff too, however my ds lite was scratched like mad

Early versions of the 3DS had short rubber bumpers that kept the top screen from contacting the bottom screen, thus resulting in the bottom screen scratching the top screen by leaving two vertical lines. If your system was affected by this however Nintendo would repair your system and replace the bumpers with larger ones for free.
---
#7omegamediaPosted 10/10/2011 8:14:31 AM
New revision is inevitable. It's just a matter of time... which is what people are talking about. With Nintendo trying to get to get the 3DS to act like another WiiU optional controller ( as the new analog attatchment gives the 3DS the exact same amount of control as the WiiU control pad now, ) it only a matter of time until they streamline it into one system.

I'm guessing a revision would come out as soon as Fall next year. (same amount of time the DS to DSlite) and it would allow Nintendo to show it off at their E3 press conference next year.
---
Just a PSWii60 gaymer artist person guy... who honestly has no idea what to type here.
#8sebetaiPosted 10/10/2011 8:17:50 AM
Starwars4J posted...
pairenoid posted...

Early versions of the 3DS had short rubber bumpers that kept the top screen from contacting the bottom screen, thus resulting in the bottom screen scratching the top screen by leaving two vertical lines. If your system was affected by this however Nintendo would repair your system and replace the bumpers with larger ones for free.

What? Really? they will replace it? Cause like all the time i get streaks on my top screen. so what do i do? They don't entirely replace the system do they?
---
I loved, i lost, and i saw boobies. what more can a man ask for?
A teenage girl? Perry the teenage girl!
#9Lord_FroodPosted 10/10/2011 8:18:10 AM
omegamedia posted...
New revision is inevitable. It's just a matter of time... which is what people are talking about. With Nintendo trying to get to get the 3DS to act like another WiiU optional controller ( as the new analog attatchment gives the 3DS the exact same amount of control as the WiiU control pad now, ) it only a matter of time until they streamline it into one system.

I'm guessing a revision would come out as soon as Fall next year. (same amount of time the DS to DSlite) and it would allow Nintendo to show it off at their E3 press conference next year.

Dude, don't spread blatant bull**** about Wii U/3DS connectivity.
>_>
---
Currently playing: Way too many games!!
#10Starwars4JPosted 10/10/2011 8:19:12 AM
sebetai posted...
Starwars4J posted...
pairenoid posted...

What? Really? they will replace it? Cause like all the time i get streaks on my top screen. so what do i do? They don't entirely replace the system do they?

It depends, has your system been ACTUALLY damaged (i.e. the flaw is on your system)? Like do the lines wipe off, or are they actual permanent unremovable scratches on the screen?
---