Whoever has Skylanders...

#31gamerguy2800Posted 10/14/2011 5:21:06 AM
ceedofevil posted...
The game looks like it is geared towards collecting the toys, which at first seems really cool, but in the end it is just a scam for more money. Such a shame too. Activision used to be decent company.

^This.
---
This message was posted using one of three electronic devices.
1. My computer 2. My ipod touch 3. My 3DS
#32thedicemasterPosted 10/14/2011 7:01:49 AM
Kitt Thrust posted...
Eh, people are different. I love action/adventure games, so I think I'll get it.
I want it too but the cost... why can't they just sell the game only without the starter pack.

because the game won't work without it.
you need a character to play with.

and yes you can have 2 active characters in the game at a time.
you can switch between these 2 at any time you want, but if you want to switch between other characters you need to do so in the sanctuary(hub-world) using the portal and a figurine.
#33Toadster9001Posted 10/14/2011 7:03:37 PM
gamerguy2800 posted...
ceedofevil posted...
The game looks like it is geared towards collecting the toys, which at first seems really cool, but in the end it is just a scam for more money. Such a shame too. Activision used to be decent company.

^This.

These.

I'm not paying 100+ dollars for extra characters.
---
Nintendo 5 Star Forum
http://z6.invisionfree.com/N5S/index.php
#34SPDShadowRangerPosted 10/14/2011 7:30:55 PM
StormKMD posted...
realgamer_89 posted...
Godstriker8 posted...
Because it's a disgrace to spyro

this also. get mario 3d land instead TC

Well, if it didn't have Spyro in it, would you get it? It looks fun (I read that review where the guy gave it a 9/10), and the toy/video game idea is genius. Mario doesn't interest me

If by genius, you mean ridiculous, you are correct. It cost almost $70 just for the game, the portal and three of the figures. Then if you want all of the figurines they are $8 a piece. That's ridiculous.

I would get it if it wasn't a Spyro game. It looks cool, and I actually hate how the Spyro brand was basically tacked unto it.
#35Wynters387Posted 10/14/2011 7:34:02 PM
It looks like a fun game but I'll wait a few months till the game is cheaper. Also in a few months the toys would probably be in the bargain bin at Toys R US.
---
3DS friend code: 0087-2310-3975 PM me if you add me. Official High Commander of the NDF