really dumb question, but i gotta know...

#1davekaminskasPosted 10/15/2011 5:28:04 AM
Where is the microphone on this thing? I cant find it, i was playing tetris axis and someone used a fog item on me and a microphone icon popped up, but i had no idea where the microphone was.
#2No_Name_StevePosted 10/15/2011 5:35:43 AM(edited)
Down near the bottom right of the touch screen, there'll be a little hole below the start button. That's it.

EDIT: stupid spelling mistakes >_>
---
I'm Aussie. U Jelly?
#3davekaminskas(Topic Creator)Posted 10/15/2011 8:36:45 AM
Cool, thanks a lot:)
#4PortableUserPosted 10/15/2011 8:51:54 AM
It's not a dumb question either, I couldn't find it because there was no need until Tetris Axis.
---
OBEY THE MII OVERLORDS.
Megaman Star Force 3 Black Ace Friend Code:4899-0929-4112
#5scotpelkPosted 10/15/2011 8:54:53 AM
Anybody know WHY they put it there? I mean, it's no biggie, it works, but it just seems odd. I'm guessing it was the easiest place to put it space-wise because of all the internal components?
---
http://i54.tinypic.com/28a6z2q.jpg Official Pirate Captain and Tailor of the NDF
#6ssbmrocksPosted 10/15/2011 9:04:32 AM
PortableUser posted...
It's not a dumb question either, I couldn't find it because there was no need until Tetris Axis.

Same with me, and I've had it since spring. I figured they would label it "mic" like they did on past systems...
---
Mermaid Man: "Sure, the power's all in the costume. Why else would we run around in colored undies?
Squidward: "I can think of 3 good reasons :)
#7keyblader1985Posted 10/15/2011 9:09:25 AM
You know, there are DS games that use it...

On a related note, does the mic seem to be inferior to DS mics to anyone else? I was playing a minigame in NSMB that used the mic, and it barely responded at all.
---
Now Playing: You don't f***ing care.
FC: See Now Playing
#8badgraphix1Posted 10/15/2011 9:12:18 AM
keyblader1985 posted...

On a related note, does the mic seem to be inferior to DS mics to anyone else? I was playing a minigame in NSMB that used the mic, and it barely responded at all.

I'd think that's more because of its position. But you never know, maybe it is. It also doubles as a headphone jack. (Meaning you can't use the mic at all if you're using headphones without a mic on it themselves)
---
Pokemon Red & Blue in full color: http://i51.tinypic.com/1zc264n.jpg
#9PokeMasterPosted 10/15/2011 9:38:29 AM
badgraphix1 posted...
keyblader1985 posted...

I'd think that's more because of its position. But you never know, maybe it is. It also doubles as a headphone jack. (Meaning you can't use the mic at all if you're using headphones without a mic on it themselves)

wtf are you on about.
the mic is under the start button, it is NOT the headphone jack.
there's a tiny pinhole under the start button.

they changed it because the 3DS mic is more sensitive and picks up sound better than the DS mic, and it doesn't need to be blatantly obvious.

and for those who have had it for more than a week a couldn't find it, wouldn't it of been easy to just look at the labeled diagram that came with the 3ds.
---
To avoid further confusion: Any 3DS related post made by me, assume it is JPN Region, and yes I am Japanese.