Moving to Japan with an NA 3DS...

#11strongo9Posted 11/4/2011 6:28:56 PM
pikachupwnage posted...
Why would you move out of the US? bandit keith will not be pleased

anyways region lock could give you trouble hope you have money to import

Currently, it's a great idea. The government and the economy suck. I can't wait to move out of the US to Sweden, a nation with one of the best, if not the best, governments and economies in the world. Not to mention that the education is much better there and free. Many others things including healthcare are provided by the government too. The US needs to get its head out of its ass. It isn't the great nation it used to be.
---
Want Super Mario 3D Land, Skyward Sword, Mario Kart 7,
Kid Icarus: Uprising, Paper Mario 3DS, and Luigi's Mansion 2!
#12NekoakumaPosted 11/4/2011 6:41:14 PM
^moving to Japan wouldn't be such a great move either currently. Which is why I'm staying in Australia atm.
Same things with the goverment, economy, society, etc.

I agree with Sweden (even Norway) being a pretty good bet to live in.
---
So much for mods saying that there are no random mods.
I'd say they're all bi-polar at the least, or just do a lazy job.
#13Lum_YatsuraPosted 11/4/2011 6:49:36 PM
PokeMaster posted...
there are some stores that sell import games, JPY stronger than USD, and you can probably find a number of online retailers that offer a much better service and fast delivery.

the difference would probably be negligible

edit; starfox would cost me $68 in Aus (EB Games)

Starfox (JPN) - playasia - $65
Starfox JPN (rakuten) - $45-55AUD

so for me importing is still cheaper than buying games in Australia, i'd expect a similar thing from US-> Jpn.. unless I'm thinking things through backwards.

If you want to pay full retail day one for new mainstream console releases, no where beats the US at that. Games on average usually launch here less than in other countries.
---
I do not own an NES console.
#14parKb5(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2011 3:49:50 PM
PokeMaster posted...
no. eShop works fine.
why would make you think that?

Because I would connect to the NA eShop not the Japanese eShop, I would assume.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
3DS FC: 4940-5431-3793 Greg
#15parKb5(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2011 3:54:14 PM
strongo9 posted...

Currently, it's a great idea. The government and the economy suck. I can't wait to move out of the US to Sweden, a nation with one of the best, if not the best, governments and economies in the world. Not to mention that the education is much better there and free. Many others things including healthcare are provided by the government too. The US needs to get its head out of its ass. It isn't the great nation it used to be.

I'm with you strongo9, with all the government corruption going on in the US presently, it won't be long before we are driven into third world status where the rich rule everything and the rest struggle to survive. And I second your opinion of the US school system, it is horrible, my son is 16 years old and can barely write his name. Back in my day, the nuns would have broken a ruler over my knuckles if I wrote like that in elementary school.
---
#16Hero3zizPosted 11/5/2011 4:07:50 PM
parKb5 posted...
PokeMaster posted...
no. eShop works fine.

Dont worry, i live in the middle east (which is a part of the PAL/EU region) and i have an american 3DS and the eShop, system update, spot pass work fine, but you cant use neflix nor the nintendo video, and you have to import games.
---
3DS FC: 2535-3675-7160 PSN ID: Elemenalhero
Official Cheif of Staff of the NDF.
#17parKb5(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2011 4:34:37 PM
Hero3ziz posted...
parKb5 posted...
PokeMaster posted...
no. eShop works fine.

Dont worry, i live in the middle east (which is a part of the PAL/EU region) and i have an american 3DS and the eShop, system update, spot pass work fine, but you cant use neflix nor the nintendo video, and you have to import games.

Do you access the NA eShop or the EU eShop and if you access the NA one, how do you buy things from the eShop? Do you have a US bank account? Because I'm not planning on maintaining a bank account in the US
---
#18NekoakumaPosted 11/5/2011 4:39:05 PM(edited)
Your US 3DS would access the US eSHop.
you'd probably be screwed if you don't maintain a US bank acct.

From memory the US eShop doesn't accept foreign credit cards/debit cards. EU/JPN/AU ones do though.

you could always ask a friend to buy a nintendo card for you or something though.
---
So much for mods saying that there are no random mods.
I'd say they're all bi-polar at the least, or just do a lazy job.
#19SHOGGOTHS4EVERPosted 11/5/2011 4:42:22 PM
Due to Nintendo's region lock you are a bit out of luck, you might as well get a JPN system.
---
Sent from my iPhone4 via PowerFAQs 1.6