Is there no way to fix my L button?

#11jole6113Posted 11/5/2011 3:21:38 PM
cjs177 posted...
I've never had a problem with my L button either and I've had like five DSs

Same here.
#12Skul_Posted 11/5/2011 3:22:09 PM
I had some problems with my R button on my DSi. It was full of dust. I bought a little fan. (the fans broken now, but the DS works fine :D)

If that doesnt work, then: Warrenty. Just send it in.
---
This sig was purchased used. So sue me, sig devs.
Official Head of the Department of Education for the NDF. Im from AUSTRALIA!
#13chucklehofftPosted 11/5/2011 3:37:06 PM
I had a trigger problem on my original DS and my DS Lite. The former fixed itself eventually over time, the latter I had to send in.
---
3DS FC (PM w/ your FC if you add me): 3995 6506 3259
Official BearJew of the NDF
#14esoteric42Posted 11/5/2011 5:00:53 PM
Try using a toothbrush, as is recommended on Nintendo's support website.

Also, send it in for repairs. It took mine 9 days to get back to me, my R button works like a charm now.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4511-0481-8141
#15martyoytramPosted 11/5/2011 5:38:20 PM
I had this problem with my R button. I blew on it really hard (like pressed my mouth against it and blew until my eyes almost popped out), and started carrying it in the Club Nintendo pouch. It's been fine for a few months now.
---
http://www.facebook.com/OperationRainfall
3DS: 3136-6572-7370
#16SShredder565Posted 11/5/2011 5:51:26 PM
bellzemo posted...
Do you store your 3DS in a case? My son had this issue with his DSI cause he didn't put his system in a case.

I don't storing it in a case has anything to do with it. My first DS I never stored in a case. L button was fine, but the right hinge cracked about 2 years later. So I got the crimson and black DS Lite. I babied it, kept it in a case all the time, determined not to let anything on it break. And here it is today, with a sort-of-responding d-pad, a broken L button, and with both hinges cracked. @_@

DS Lite's were just made terribly. Nothing you can do.
---
Chief Master Sergeant of the Nintendo Defense Air Force
3DS FC: 2191-7640-6810
#17cjs177Posted 11/5/2011 6:08:50 PM

bellzemo posted...
Do you store your 3DS in a case? My son had this issue with his DSI cause he didn't put his system in a case.

I don't storing it in a case has anything to do with it. My first DS I never stored in a case. L button was fine, but the right hinge cracked about 2 years later. So I got the crimson and black DS Lite. I babied it, kept it in a case all the time, determined not to let anything on it break. And here it is today, with a sort-of-responding d-pad, a broken L button, and with both hinges cracked. @_@

that is the first time I've ever heard of all of that happening to a DS lite
---
Pokemon White FC: 3825 8419 4405
#18ian2093Posted 11/5/2011 6:12:53 PM
Chances are it's how you put it in your pocket. This is my theory because the same thing happened to my DS's R button, and I realized that over I don't know how many years it would always be in my pocket with the R button on the bottom, getting pressed just by its own weight just dangling there.

As to how to fix it I have no idea, but to prevent it in the future maybe try carrying it in a case.
---
When all else fails, rage quit.
#19bellzemoPosted 11/5/2011 6:25:11 PM
SShredder565 posted...
bellzemo posted...

It was a DS Lite? Thats a first for me. Even my sons friend who has a DS lite with the screen hanging off and is as dirty as pigpen never had this problem. The problem I know of is for the DSi which tends to happen when dust gets into the L or R button. My guess is its a user error.
#20ryeu(Topic Creator)Posted 11/5/2011 6:41:49 PM

I keep it in a case whenever I go outside.

Try using a toothbrush, as is recommended on Nintendo's support website.

A toothbrush? I've never heard of that one before. Maybe I'll try that.
---
3DS FC: 0903-2744-2810