RPGs on the 3DS: name them

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. RPGs on the 3DS: name them

User Info: XCrossYZ

XCrossYZ
5 years ago#1
So far I own one, Devil Survivor Overclocked. Also heard of two on the way Tales of Abyss port and a new Square dungeon crawler. How many more on the way? Also if someone can shed light on that game.
Official Blangonga of MH3G and MH4 Boards

User Info: lockheart47

lockheart47
5 years ago#2
Shadow Wars is all i can think of.

User Info: yab

yab
5 years ago#3
Bravely Default ("Square dungeon crawler")
Girls' RPG (this probably won't leave Japan)
Kingdom Hearts 3D
Dragon Quest Monsters remake
Paper Mario

no dates for any of these

User Info: Ghetsis

Ghetsis
5 years ago#4
If you mean Heroes of Ruin, it's not made by Square Enix.
Play Ragnarok Online with me? On Ymir?
My Dragon Quest rankings: VII > IV > I > III > IX > II = V > VI > VIII

User Info: icemagician

icemagician
5 years ago#5
http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/list-48

Haha, Streetpass Mii Plaza is listed XD
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!"

User Info: yab

yab
5 years ago#6
oh yeah, and Monster Hunter 3G and 4. But given your sig you already know that.

User Info: pakathecat

pakathecat
5 years ago#7
Wish more were on the horizon. I think a good number of original, great RPGs would completely turn around the system. Top ten games for the DS here have been mostly RPGs for as long as I can remember.

User Info: Second_Chances

Second_Chances
5 years ago#8
-Devil Survivor Overclocked (You have this)

-Tales of the Abyss (Port of the PS2 game)

-Bravely Default Flying Fairy (Square Enix game in the style of Four Heroes Of Light as in a throwback, but heavily inspired by PSX-era RPGs instead of NES ones)

-Lost Heroes (A japanese-only Etrian Odyssey-like dungeon crawler using various japanese super heroes as the characters, think Super Robot Wars)

-Inazuma Eleven Go (Most likely japanese-only Soccer game with very heavy RPG elements from Level-5 with over 1000 different possible team members, and a OK I guess storyline, fourth in a series. Think the portable Mario Tennis games but with Soccer and even more over the top)

-SD Gundam G Gen 3D (Japanese-only SRPG using Gundams)

-Crimson Shroud (One of the four games in a collection of brand new games called Guild01, made by Level-5 and the director of Final Fantasy XII, supposed to heavily feature tabletop RPG elements. Not much else is known)

-Etrian Odyssey (A new Etrian Odyssey for the 3DS supposedly in development. No other info)

-Dragon Quest Monsters 3D Terry's Wonderland (A complete remake of the original Dragon Quest Monsters for the Game Boy with a new extra plotline, all the original monsters, every new monster from Joker 2 Professional, online play, and even more)

-Medabots 3D (Seventh mainline Medabots game, most likely Japan-Only, but if we're lucky Natsume will localize it since they're being bugged about localizing Medabots DS by the devs)

-Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance (You should know this by now. A new game in the Kingdom Hearts series taking place after 2 which directly bridges into 3)

-Paper Mario (New Paper Mario game going back to the RPG battle system the first two had)

-Fire Emblem (The thirteenth Fire Emblem. No info is really known)

For the DS we also have Fossil Fighters Champions coming out next week and Devil Survivor 2 Valentine's Day as well.
Second Chances sure are great. It's nice to be back, GameFAQs.
http://backloggery.com/Ground

User Info: cleanchris

cleanchris
5 years ago#9
there are a few in development projects that have yet to be announced, such as a new Final Fantasy title (rumored to be a new Crystal Chronicles) & a Persona game.
I am one of five GFAQS members not butthurt by UMvC3.

User Info: Teremei

Teremei
5 years ago#10
Beyond the Labyrinth is another good lookin one. I'm sure within a few months several more will be announced. There are plenty on the way.
last $$: Star Fox 64 3D, Atelier Totori LE, Dark Souls LE, Persona 2 LE
Playing: Dragon Quest IX, Uncharted 2
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. RPGs on the 3DS: name them

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived