RPGs on the 3DS: name them

#1XCrossYZPosted 11/7/2011 1:39:39 PM
So far I own one, Devil Survivor Overclocked. Also heard of two on the way Tales of Abyss port and a new Square dungeon crawler. How many more on the way? Also if someone can shed light on that game.
---
Official Blangonga of MH3G and MH4 Boards
#2lockheart47Posted 11/7/2011 1:41:05 PM
Shadow Wars is all i can think of.
#3yabPosted 11/7/2011 1:42:42 PM
Bravely Default ("Square dungeon crawler")
Girls' RPG (this probably won't leave Japan)
Kingdom Hearts 3D
Dragon Quest Monsters remake
Paper Mario

no dates for any of these
---
#4GhetsisPosted 11/7/2011 1:43:15 PM
If you mean Heroes of Ruin, it's not made by Square Enix.
---
Play Ragnarok Online with me? On Ymir?
My Dragon Quest rankings: VII > IV > I > III > IX > II = V > VI > VIII
#5icemagicianPosted 11/7/2011 1:44:07 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/3ds/list-48

Haha, Streetpass Mii Plaza is listed XD
---
"What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets!"
#6yabPosted 11/7/2011 1:46:14 PM(edited)
oh yeah, and Monster Hunter 3G and 4. But given your sig you already know that.
#7pakathecatPosted 11/7/2011 1:51:48 PM
Wish more were on the horizon. I think a good number of original, great RPGs would completely turn around the system. Top ten games for the DS here have been mostly RPGs for as long as I can remember.
#8Second_ChancesPosted 11/7/2011 1:58:44 PM(edited)
-Devil Survivor Overclocked (You have this)

-Tales of the Abyss (Port of the PS2 game)

-Bravely Default Flying Fairy (Square Enix game in the style of Four Heroes Of Light as in a throwback, but heavily inspired by PSX-era RPGs instead of NES ones)

-Lost Heroes (A japanese-only Etrian Odyssey-like dungeon crawler using various japanese super heroes as the characters, think Super Robot Wars)

-Inazuma Eleven Go (Most likely japanese-only Soccer game with very heavy RPG elements from Level-5 with over 1000 different possible team members, and a OK I guess storyline, fourth in a series. Think the portable Mario Tennis games but with Soccer and even more over the top)

-SD Gundam G Gen 3D (Japanese-only SRPG using Gundams)

-Crimson Shroud (One of the four games in a collection of brand new games called Guild01, made by Level-5 and the director of Final Fantasy XII, supposed to heavily feature tabletop RPG elements. Not much else is known)

-Etrian Odyssey (A new Etrian Odyssey for the 3DS supposedly in development. No other info)

-Dragon Quest Monsters 3D Terry's Wonderland (A complete remake of the original Dragon Quest Monsters for the Game Boy with a new extra plotline, all the original monsters, every new monster from Joker 2 Professional, online play, and even more)

-Medabots 3D (Seventh mainline Medabots game, most likely Japan-Only, but if we're lucky Natsume will localize it since they're being bugged about localizing Medabots DS by the devs)

-Kingdom Hearts 3D Dream Drop Distance (You should know this by now. A new game in the Kingdom Hearts series taking place after 2 which directly bridges into 3)

-Paper Mario (New Paper Mario game going back to the RPG battle system the first two had)

-Fire Emblem (The thirteenth Fire Emblem. No info is really known)

For the DS we also have Fossil Fighters Champions coming out next week and Devil Survivor 2 Valentine's Day as well.
---
Second Chances sure are great. It's nice to be back, GameFAQs.
http://backloggery.com/Ground
#9cleanchrisPosted 11/7/2011 2:07:24 PM
there are a few in development projects that have yet to be announced, such as a new Final Fantasy title (rumored to be a new Crystal Chronicles) & a Persona game.
---
I am one of five GFAQS members not butthurt by UMvC3.
#10TeremeiPosted 11/7/2011 2:25:47 PM
Beyond the Labyrinth is another good lookin one. I'm sure within a few months several more will be announced. There are plenty on the way.
---
last $$: Star Fox 64 3D, Atelier Totori LE, Dark Souls LE, Persona 2 LE
Playing: Dragon Quest IX, Uncharted 2