Sonic or Mario?

#21McnuggetstachePosted 11/24/2011 9:57:54 AM
Lord_Frood posted...
@Stache, I'm just leaning towards Sonic.

I know Mario has more content, but if it's just more content, but easier than Sonic, which has more challenging, less content, it's hard to decide.

I'm still up for either one, but my faith in Mario is wavering a lot lately. Would Mario 3D Land do the trick, or does it just feel like 50% re-used material?

If you want a real challenge then get Shinobi it's better rated then Sonic and It's difficult to the extreme.

Mario's difficulty actually goes up but you'd have to play it to see, read all the topics about it, or ask me and I'll tell ya.

Sonic I want but I'm waiting.
#22MarsfordPosted 11/24/2011 10:02:59 AM
Frood, the only innovative thing 3D Land brings is 2D action in a 3D environment - besides that it's essentially Galaxy 2 on Land. Did you like Galaxy 2? This game is not as creative, but more fun IMO.
---
Official Warrior General of the NDF.
This sig is brought to you in part by: Marsford. Marsford, bringing you sigs since 2011.
#23tfalcoPosted 11/24/2011 10:05:12 AM
Mcnuggetstache posted...
Lord_Frood posted...

If you want a real challenge then get Shinobi it's better rated then Sonic and It's difficult to the extreme.

Mario's difficulty actually goes up but you'd have to play it to see, read all the topics about it, or ask me and I'll tell ya.

Indeed. As a matter of fact, I have unopened packages of shinobi and cave story 3d.... long story short... I still have them because I couldn't decide which one to get when I was at game stop... then I went to toys R us and they had a buy 1 get 1 40% off and purchased them, then I found a used copy of SMTDS:OC at game stop and bought it... I promised my self that I would return Shinobi and Cave story since I found SMTDS:OC... but I havn't returned them yet :( sorrry.... this has nothing to do with your dilemma....but it's similar ? lol....
---
3DS - FC: 4511-0462-4833, Mii: Thomas
#24McnuggetstachePosted 11/24/2011 10:07:41 AM
tfalco posted...
Mcnuggetstache posted...
Lord_Frood posted...

Indeed. As a matter of fact, I have unopened packages of shinobi and cave story 3d.... long story short... I still have them because I couldn't decide which one to get when I was at game stop... then I went to toys R us and they had a buy 1 get 1 40% off and purchased them, then I found a used copy of SMTDS:OC at game stop and bought it... I promised my self that I would return Shinobi and Cave story since I found SMTDS:OC... but I havn't returned them yet :( sorrry.... this has nothing to do with your dilemma....but it's similar ? lol....

sorta. I'm just on a platformer fix. But Shinobi is amazingly difficult. I'd recommend playing it, if you enjoy a good challenge.
#25tfalcoPosted 11/24/2011 10:15:29 AM
The only thing I don't like about sonic is, You blast through all the stages so fast. I like paying attention to details and enjoy scenery.... etc I.E. The leaves on the trees, they look like individual leaves just like on a real treeeee :D lol... Now in mario, there's a little more time to work with so you can look around and search for hidden things if you want... this is probably not relevant.... I'm only trying to help direct you in making a descision....
---
#26McnuggetstachePosted 11/24/2011 10:20:55 AM
tfalco posted...
The only thing I don't like about sonic is, You blast through all the stages so fast. I like paying attention to details and enjoy scenery.... etc I.E. The leaves on the trees, they look like individual leaves just like on a real treeeee :D lol... Now in mario, there's a little more time to work with so you can look around and search for hidden things if you want... this is probably not relevant.... I'm only trying to help direct you in making a descision....

I remember getting nervous in Colors cause I felt like I was missing something going so fast. Each stage had different ways to traverse it.
#27SlaysmePosted 11/24/2011 10:23:23 AM
Mario land is simply a better game. The love and care put into that as opposed to the obviously put together to fulfill a contractual obligation, inferior to the console game watered down crap port that make me wonder what I ever saw as special in those first 4-5 sonic games. When I had nothing else to play, sure I got the duck down on some sonic. Explored the levels more, etc. SG3ds is crap. I'm sorry. Just another sonic rush etc.. Which is ok in and of itself, but next to Mario 3d land? No comparison.
Mario should be priority. Designed by Nintendo, for the 3ds, and not just some studio everyone seems to hate anyways. I defended this game prerelease..... But not I'm not so sure. Just feels..... Hollow somehow. Besides, it's more likely you'd find someone willing to trade your Mario land for their sonic than vice versa.
Sonic just left an odd taste in my mouth, whereas Mario just makes me smile( or curse in frustration ). Sonic will drop in price, whereas Mario land will never drop until years from now.
---
I don't watch television. If you are the ones who do, shut up, you're brainwashed. .
5412-9925-5942
#28VerkinsPosted 11/24/2011 10:28:58 AM
With all their main series in my opinion, I found Mario games to be more enjoyable than Sonic games.
---
PZ0 friends code Verkins
1548 5397 0201
#29tfalcoPosted 11/24/2011 10:29:46 AM
slaysme420 posted...
Mario land is simply a better game. The love and care put into that as opposed to the obviously put together to fulfill a contractual obligation, inferior to the console game watered down crap port that make me wonder what I ever saw as special in those first 4-5 sonic games. When I had nothing else to play, sure I got the duck down on some sonic. Explored the levels more, etc. SG3ds is crap. I'm sorry. Just another sonic rush etc.. Which is ok in and of itself, but next to Mario 3d land? No comparison.
Mario should be priority. Designed by Nintendo, for the 3ds, and not just some studio everyone seems to hate anyways. I defended this game prerelease..... But not I'm not so sure. Just feels..... Hollow somehow. Besides, it's more likely you'd find someone willing to trade your Mario land for their sonic than vice versa.
Sonic just left an odd taste in my mouth, whereas Mario just makes me smile( or curse in frustration ). Sonic will drop in price, whereas Mario land will never drop until years from now.

I agree. Mario FTW!!!! :D
---