Trade In Value for the 3DS at Gamestop for a Zelda Bundle?

#1Doctor_Fate2000Posted 11/25/2011 6:33:39 PM
So just wondering, has anyone tried to trade in their 3ds system to upgrade for the zelda 3DS Bundle today at Gamestop, and if so how much was the difference in cost to do this? I know the value for the DSi meant you would have to pay an additional $99, but what about for a 3DS hopefully they would not simply give you the same $100 value as in the DSi, but as anyone tried this to have a verified answer?
#2McnuggetstachePosted 11/25/2011 6:35:50 PM
I don't think anyone traded theirs in. If they have the ambassador or anything off eshop they'd be giving those away. I know I'm waiting till they allow 3DS to 3DS transfer.
#3SaveDaQueenPosted 11/25/2011 6:36:34 PM
Doctor_Fate2000 posted...
So just wondering, has anyone tried to trade in their 3ds system to upgrade for the zelda 3DS Bundle today at Gamestop, and if so how much was the difference in cost to do this? I know the value for the DSi meant you would have to pay an additional $99, but what about for a 3DS hopefully they would not simply give you the same $100 value as in the DSi, but as anyone tried this to have a verified answer?

Considering how DSi XL (not DSi) and 3DS is the same suggested retail price (169.99 USD), the trade in value should be equal.

check gamestop.com
---
Name: Cardboard.
Nintendo 3DS FC: 3866-8331-2225
#4UiruPosted 11/25/2011 6:40:44 PM
Your best option (esp. if you have any eshop games or Ambassador status) is to buy the Zelda bundle, wait for system transfer (this month's update should have it) and then sell your old 3DS to someone who is not GameStop. You will get ripped off if you sell it to GameStop, period. If you have the box and all the papers and cords and such, and your old 3DS is not scratched or anything, you should be able to move it for $130-$140.

If you have nothing on the old 3DS you want to keep, just sell it to somebody. Or eBay it. Selling it to another seller is never a good idea; what you make in convenience, you lose in actual dollars. The guy you would sell it to is the same guy GameStop would sell it to, so they aren't going to give you what the guy would give you for it.
---
~Uiru