How are Metroid 2 and Cave Story 3d?

#1BigReedPosted 11/25/2011 8:19:27 PM
Never played Cave Story, mainly because it was a downloadable title, and I'm biased towards them. I'm attempting to remedy that.

Anyway I enjoy the metroid games, mainly Super, Prime triliogy, Zero Mission, and Fusion. So has Metroid 2 aged well? Also Is Cave Story 3d worth it if I can get it cheaper than 40? I most likely can get it for 25ish.

Thanks for any input.
---
"..hardcore gamers like me for instance, who grew up on Halo.."
#2SaveDaQueenPosted 11/25/2011 8:21:58 PM
Get Cave Story for DSiWare/eShop. The retail copy is missing so many things that the WiiWare version has.
---
Name: Cardboard.
Nintendo 3DS FC: 3866-8331-2225
#3SaveDaQueenPosted 11/25/2011 8:23:10 PM
here is a copy pasta that i did for the iPhone message board.

yes it is. There's 4 different versions of cave story.

First version is the free one that originally came on PC, followed by a Mac port and then a Linux port.

Second version is the WiiWare version for the Nintendo Wii. You get to play as Curley Brace, there's easy - normal - hard mode and time attack mode. Graphics has been retouched and refined. Music has also been redone but you can choose original or new music in options.

Third version is the Cave Story + version. Came out on Steam and Mac App Store. You don't get to play as Curly Brace. You do get 3 different difficulties, time attack mode and there's a new "Wind Fortress" area added to the game. The graphics has also been retouched and refined. The music in this version is the original.

Fourth version is the Nintendo 3DS version. I don't know much about this one, except the graphics has been completely changed to suit modern day platforms (3d models on 2d background).

There's also a DSiWare version which is identical to the WiiWare version, except it doesn't have Curly Brace as a playable character. The music is also the original version and not the WiiWare version.
---
Name: Cardboard.
Nintendo 3DS FC: 3866-8331-2225
#4FrankGrimeyPosted 11/25/2011 8:23:30 PM
If you want to try CS...you could always try the PC version...it's free (of course it wouldn't be 3D, but the basics are the same I assume). Metroid 2 has aged okay. It doesn't have some of the "features" we've grown accustomed to w/ Super+ But it's still a great game and worth one play through.
---
I'm better than okay. I'm Homer Simpson.
#5CaptainRandom1Posted 11/25/2011 8:23:40 PM
go with dsiware cave story first

metroid 2 is fun and long for a gba game. It plays out where you have a bounty of 39 metroids or something and you must progress through the planet, find, and kill them all while they are evolving into stronger forms
---
Proud 3DS ambassador. 3DS FC 4253-3597-1691
Official leader of the Monster Hunter 4 board
#6BigReed(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2011 8:25:47 PM
Is the dsi ware version of Cave Story like 15 bucks? I'll probably just throw another 20 dollars on my 3ds and buy both. I feel bad that I'm not supporting the retail copy, but that seems like an odd "remake" anyway.
---
"..hardcore gamers like me for instance, who grew up on Halo.."
#7Carbuncle009Posted 11/25/2011 8:29:33 PM
SaveDaQueen posted...
here is a copy pasta that i did for the iPhone message board.

yes it is. There's 4 different versions of cave story.

First version is the free one that originally came on PC, followed by a Mac port and then a Linux port.

Second version is the WiiWare version for the Nintendo Wii. You get to play as Curley Brace, there's easy - normal - hard mode and time attack mode. Graphics has been retouched and refined. Music has also been redone but you can choose original or new music in options.

Third version is the Cave Story + version. Came out on Steam and Mac App Store. You don't get to play as Curly Brace. You do get 3 different difficulties, time attack mode and there's a new "Wind Fortress" area added to the game. The graphics has also been retouched and refined. The music in this version is the original.

Fourth version is the Nintendo 3DS version. I don't know much about this one, except the graphics has been completely changed to suit modern day platforms (3d models on 2d background).

There's also a DSiWare version which is identical to the WiiWare version, except it doesn't have Curly Brace as a playable character. The music is also the original version and not the WiiWare version.

Forget that:
Wii Version:
-Has Boss Rush Mode
-Changeable Outfits

DSiWare:
-No Boss Rush

And for all the people who will say Cave Story 3D doesn't show good 3D, it does a better job of 3D than SM3DL.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0518-8082-7661 3DS FC: 0645-5834-8488
They practice the religion of DARKNESS. YT Channel in quote - LoZ:MC - 3 Heart Run in progress.
#8MetalGearWikedPosted 11/25/2011 8:29:41 PM
Metroid 2 is nothing like other Metroid games.

You are told to go kill 40 metroids and thats all you do, is hunt them down
---
This is a cover-up. Gabe stole the cc info and ordered online food. Don't hate him for it, everytime Gabe eats the argicultural business increases 9002%