Pushmo looks like a rip-off of Catherine...

#1guncrashdxPosted 12/10/2011 7:29:40 PM
Catherine is a game that has a puzzle nightmare section where you push and pull blocks to climb on them. Which is what Pushmo basically is.

But how similar is Pushmo to Catherine really?
---
My name is guncrashdx, but you can just call me TC.
#2Starwars4JPosted 12/10/2011 7:30:40 PM
Yes...rip off...because catherine (great game btw) is the first to involve pushing blocks to climb...
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#3Megaman OmegaPosted 12/10/2011 7:31:49 PM

Yes...rip off...because catherine (great game btw) is the first to involve pushing blocks to climb...

Not to mention that this is only one boss fight and not the entire game.
---
3D screens.. how do they work? are they similar to magnets? PS: Please no replies from scientists.. you're always lyin, and gettin me pissed.
~ Mario64DStyle
#4GeminiX7Posted 12/10/2011 7:38:07 PM
guncrashdx posted...
Catherine is a game that has a puzzle nightmare section where you push and pull blocks to climb on them. Which is what Pushmo basically is.

But how similar is Pushmo to Catherine really?

Basically isn't enough to say its a ripoff. At its most basic they both involve the same thing(climbing and pushing around blocks), but thats like saying Super Smash Bros is a rip off of Mario Kart because it involves Nintendo characters and items. Catherine's focus is climbing to the top of puzzle before the ground disappears beneath you. Pushmo involves getting to the top alone, but is much more complex in getting to the top. Sometimes you have to pull certain blocks, go up a certain height, push another in, go back down, push the first set back, bring another further forward, etc. Both are puzzle games, but Catherine is more about getting from A to B as fast as possible, and Pushmo is about having the ability to actually get from A to B at all.
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
#5NekoakumaPosted 12/10/2011 7:43:29 PM
you've got it wrong.
hikuosu (pushmo) is a rip off of pitman (cattrap), they're both puzzle games with a rewind feature
---
Just to clarify; if I don't specify a region, assume its for a JPN 3DS. Reggie's just too preoccupied with lathering his face in Vasoline.
#6sonicfreak0221Posted 12/10/2011 7:44:39 PM
they are both a ripoff of Pong, a pixel based video game!
---
I like men. - Crashman
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LdzjVnH9YoY
#7Wynters387Posted 12/10/2011 7:47:07 PM
whoa Pushmo is a ripoff of jumpman and tingle. he jumps and he's a 40 something wearing tight one piece.
---
This news has just filled my heart with rainbows.- Ghirahim.
#8neoalphazeroPosted 12/10/2011 7:53:50 PM
Pushmo is amazing, only complaint is the dude rockin a thong.
#9strongo9Posted 12/10/2011 7:56:21 PM
They have the same basic gameplay at their cores, but differ greatly in style and many other aspects.
---
I want Mario Kart 7, Kid Icarus: Uprising, Paper Mario 3D, and Luigi's Mansion 2!
#10RandomHeroPosted 12/10/2011 7:59:09 PM
really enjoying Pushmo, but dont want to blaze through it too quick

how many worlds are there?
---
so