Anybody worried about online being ruined?

#1king_darksPosted 12/11/2011 5:55:14 PM
Over the course of this gen we have had dozens of online games ruined by a terrible community. While we expect popular titles like mw3 to be riddled with 12 year old tryhards that can't play on even ground in fear of being outplayed we have had niche games like dark souls be ruined by grifers and trolls littering the online. While a popular example would be Metroid prime hunters with their ar abusers and trace runners. There was games that escaped the mainstream eye like golden eye ds that was ruined by rpgs that can kill you through freaking walls.

If last gen has been any indication then without a doubt i know you guys know kid icarus or any other major release will be virtually rendered unplayable via the play anyone function. Besides we all know that if sakurai is working on it the weapon balance will be perfect like brawl :p.
---
"unless you can prove otherwise. Everybody should be given the benefit of the doubt" King_darks. Vita is a cheatah
#2JackslickPosted 12/11/2011 6:06:54 PM
Are you saying at an RPG can't kill you behind a wall in real life?
#3king_darks(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2011 6:10:42 PM
Jackslick posted...

Are you saying that a game is real life?
---
"unless you can prove otherwise. Everybody should be given the benefit of the doubt" King_darks. Vita is a cheatah
#4JackslickPosted 12/11/2011 6:11:50 PM
king_darks posted...
Jackslick posted...

Are you saying that a game is real life?

Are you saying that you don't want your multiplayer battles to be realistic?
#5SF_BahaPosted 12/11/2011 6:12:41 PM
Are you saying a game isn't supposed to resemble real life?
#6legendarylemurPosted 12/11/2011 6:14:03 PM
Are you saying fiction is supposed to resemble real life?
---
Mass slaughter is fine, but dating sims are OMG MORAL PERVERSION ~ McMarbles
My karma was 777 on Sept. 21st 2011... and i wrote an essay
#7nintendoggerPosted 12/11/2011 6:15:32 PM
Yes.
---
PM me so I can add your FC back!
Official President of the Union
#8SF_BahaPosted 12/11/2011 6:15:45 PM
There's nothing about games that determines what they're "supposed" to be. They're not "supposed" to be any specific thing. Games don't even need to be fiction. What a dumb comment.
#9king_darks(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2011 6:17:10 PM
SF_Baha posted...
Are you saying a game isn't supposed to resemble real life?

Are you saying im supposed to get blown up through a ******* wall yet the wall takes no damage. The player always know where im at and people die in 9 bullets WITHOUT body armor.
---
#10king_darks(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2011 6:19:46 PM
SF_Baha posted...
There's nothing about games that determines what they're "supposed" to be. They're not "supposed" to be any specific thing. Games don't even need to be fiction. What a dumb comment.

Your off topic troll comment was dumb and do designer i dont know.... "MAKE" games to be specific based on what kind of experience they want to deliver?
---