region free

#1ryandavisonPosted 12/11/2011 9:53:09 PM
How come the DSi was region free, but the 3DS isn't, and will I not be able to play my DS games on a 3DS or is it only 3DS games
#2RizuRukiaPosted 12/11/2011 9:54:15 PM
It's called a 3DS for pete sake, of course you'll be able to play DS games.
---
http://samdangames.blogspot.com/p/play-ptd_03.html
If you're interested in Pokemon, you should try playing Pokemon Tower Defense, it's really fun.
#3ryandavison(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2011 9:54:44 PM
ryandavison posted...
How come the DSi was region free, but the 3DS isn't, and will I not be able to play my US DS games on a EU 3DS or is it only 3DS games
#4ryandavison(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2011 9:56:48 PM
RizuRukia posted...
It's called a 3DS for pete sake, of course you'll be able to play DS games.

I meant are DS games region locked or is it only 3DS
#5NekoakumaPosted 12/11/2011 9:59:13 PM
The DSi was region locked.
Region lock applies to most DSi and ALL 3DS games.

DS games are fine. Learn to search also.
---
Just to clarify; if I don't specify a region, assume its for a JPN 3DS. Reggie's just too preoccupied with lathering his face in Vasoline.
#6ryandavison(Topic Creator)Posted 12/11/2011 10:14:06 PM
PokeMaster posted...

For one I couldn't be bothered to search and two I was in a hurry, but thanks for the info anyway, glad I'll still be able to play my US DS games on a EU 3DS, just a shame the 3DS was made region locked unlike the DSi
#7Starwars4JPosted 12/11/2011 10:20:58 PM
ryandavison posted...
PokeMaster posted...

For one I couldn't be bothered to search and two I was in a hurry, but thanks for the info anyway, glad I'll still be able to play my US DS games on a EU 3DS, just a shame the 3DS was made region locked unlike the DSi

So not only are you lazy and uninformed, but you didn't even read the explanation he took the time to give you? How sad.
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade
#8cudaman42069Posted 12/11/2011 10:21:36 PM
Takes more effort to create a topic than to search for a topic.
#9Miggi3Fr3shPosted 12/11/2011 10:27:18 PM(edited)
ryandavison posted...
PokeMaster posted...

You couldnt be bothered to search yet it took you longer to post this topic and then revive your question to make sense and then to post that rude response when someone replied. Seems like a quick google search would've been faster

3DS region lock games

^All you had to type. Didn't even have to be google you could've stood on GameFAQS^

Edit: And since you lack reading comprehension, let me repeat that the DSi was region locked for DSi enhanced games (such as Pokemon Black) old DS games are playable on both the 3DS and DSi regardless of region.
---
Black: Azaezal 3095-7582-1802
Game Center: Miggi3Fr3sh
#10GoldenSun3DSPosted 12/11/2011 11:33:52 PM
Miggi3Fr3sh posted...
you could've stood on GameFAQS

Wouldn't that break the screen? >_>
---
Uncancel Mega Man Legends 3! Join the devroom and Sign the ONLY OFFICIAL MML3 PETITION:
http://bitly.com/rigdKs
*Please make this your sig*