Is Luigi's Mansion 2 looking that bad?

#21PixelDaemonPosted 12/28/2011 2:18:30 PM
What? Who's complaining o.O?
---
"People are bastard coated bastards with bastard filling."
#22mabber_IIIPosted 12/28/2011 2:18:35 PM
vidoes and screenshots for portables always look terrible, it will look fine once you are playing it on the 3ds
#23ElectricMolePosted 12/28/2011 2:23:34 PM
Mariofan15 posted...
No. But they're basing the graphics on what was shown at E3 and think the game looks crappy because of it.

The graphics are kinda below the higher standard 3DS games.

Nintendo isnt even using the hardware wisely. Luigis Mansion should have scary lighting like RE:Rev. What point is a flashlight if everything is in plain visible sight? The director of the game should have put more thought into that.
---
http://youtu.be/NB9ea_xWexM
Let's Get to the Top!
#24gransPosted 12/28/2011 3:34:21 PM

Mariofan15 posted...
No. But they're basing the graphics on what was shown at E3 and think the game looks crappy because of it.

The graphics are kinda below the higher standard 3DS games.

Nintendo isnt even using the hardware wisely. Luigis Mansion should have scary lighting like RE:Rev. What point is a flashlight if everything is in plain visible sight? The director of the game should have put more thought into that.

From the trailers shown, the lighting varies depending on the area you're in. There's a library that has some really nice dark lighting, and an Egyptian tomb that looks pretty dark at certain times. It seems more varied now. The lights will flicker on and off with lightning strikes as well.

The flashlight was more of a mechanic to stun ghosts than anything else, and has evolved from that now. It casts shadows on the environment (and still does), but there was never any issues with being able to see in the dark. It was always light enough (for me at least) to see.

I'd also wait until we've seen more environments. Having multiple mansions means level diversity, as well as different lighting conditions between levels. I'm liking that idea personally.

LM2 isn't really pushing the 3DS hardware though. It looks as good as the GC version at least, though with some larger environments scattered around. It looks fine to me however. The biggest thing they need to work on from earlier builds is the framerate. I imagine optimization is still going on. They also mentioned wanting to fit more ghosts onscreen at once, which leads me to believe improvements are still being made. We'll see how the final game turns out.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#25SenorLovecraftPosted 12/28/2011 6:05:55 PM
Nintendo messes up yet another game, awesome.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#26Genericgamer667Posted 12/28/2011 6:06:49 PM
SenorLovecraft posted...

Senor trolls another topic, awesome
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767
#27SenorLovecraftPosted 12/28/2011 6:42:24 PM
Quote:SenorLovecraft posted...

@Genericgamer667

How am I trolling?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#28hydra_dragonPosted 12/28/2011 6:52:28 PM
I think it looks ok. I would have bought a NPC:Luigi's Mansion if Nintendo made one for the wii.
---
STOP SOPA
http://www.youtube.com/user/KeepTheWebOpen
#29LunarRoarPosted 12/28/2011 8:28:14 PM
I think it looks great. The graphics are on par with Super Mario Galaxy from the videos I've seen.
---
http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=lunarroar
#30Genericgamer667Posted 12/28/2011 8:37:32 PM
SenorLovecraft posted...
Quote:SenorLovecraft posted...

@Genericgamer667

How am I trolling?

i dunno, consistently bashing Nintendo in every single topic and saying they messed up a game that didn't even come out yet
---
3DS FC: 4940-5445-8767