What do I want to get with Mario Kart?

#1HawkOfEndymionPosted 12/28/2011 2:57:25 PM
So in case anyone hasn't heard, Toys R Us is doing a 'Buy 1, Get 1 40% Off' sale on video games. Seeing as how there's nothing I want to dish out $60 for on PS3 right now (got my Skyrim for Christmas, woot), I figured I'd grab Mario Kart and get my ten extra coins on Club Nintendo.

What do I want to get on discount? I'm torn between Mario 3D or Star Fox right now. At the moment I only own Ocarina of Time and Pokemon Rumble Blast.
#2Carbuncle009Posted 12/28/2011 2:58:25 PM
Cave Story 3D. Amazing platformer that's underrated.
---
STOP THE SOPA Bill!! It affects EVERYONE. Visit: http://americancensorship.org/
http://youtu.be/JhwuXNv8fJM
#3HawkOfEndymion(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2011 3:05:20 PM(edited)
I do want Cave Story and I'm going to get it, but I want to lean more toward something that can get me more club coins for right now. I'm saving up for the Zelda poster set and any future eShop stuff I may want, you see.

EDIT - Speaking of Cave Story, I'm glad I found out about Cave Story 3D before I dropped the money on the DSiWare version on the eShop. The cart game seems much more appealing to me now.
#4spartalaughsPosted 12/28/2011 3:54:38 PM
HawkOfEndymion posted...
Speaking of Cave Story, I'm glad I found out about Cave Story 3D before I dropped the money on the DSiWare version on the eShop. The cart game seems much more appealing to me now.

Good, I own both and agree, some people say that the DSiWare version is better but IMO the 3D version is better. Also, I'd not recommend having both the DSiWare and the 3DSWare versions because the devs switched the attack and jump buttons in the 3DS version for no apparent reason >_>
---
/give Honeydew 46 1
#5HawkOfEndymion(Topic Creator)Posted 12/28/2011 5:45:49 PM
Bump; just curious on some opinions of Star Fox vs. Mario, which would give me more play time? Or if there's another, what's your suggestion? Like I said, I'm trying to get more club coins, so for now I'd like to stick to the Club Nintendo list.
#6nintendoggerPosted 12/28/2011 5:46:22 PM
HawkOfEndymion posted...
Bump; just curious on some opinions of Star Fox vs. Mario, which would give me more play time? Or if there's another, what's your suggestion? Like I said, I'm trying to get more club coins, so for now I'd like to stick to the Club Nintendo list.

Mario, definently. I played both. Mario is wayyyyy better.
---
Official President of the Union
#7Dragon lord27Posted 12/28/2011 5:47:13 PM
Samurai Warriors or Ace Combat.
---
The PS3 and 360 can battle each other over who's breasts look more realistic.
The Wii is all about having fun with them. ~Girl Gamer~
#8Sir_HaxorPosted 12/28/2011 5:49:16 PM
TC how the hell are we supposed to know what you want? I say Nano Assault my boy. Can't go wrong!
---
"An elephant never forgets, but i forgot what the elephant remembered"-Ed
3DS FC: 0559-6940-0140
#9ian2093Posted 12/28/2011 5:51:09 PM
Mario by far. The 3D adds so much to platformers it is ridiculous. Plus it is one of the better Mario's we have had in a while.

Star Fox is a straight port, and you can finish it in under a half an hour. I regret buying it as I already have it on the VC (which is personally what I would recommend doing, as it it worth playing, but not worth more than $10) and I seriously doubt I will ever play it again. TBQH I'm pretty sure I only bought it because of that massive slum in games, especially with the 3DS in the late summer months.
---
When all else fails, rage quit.
#10Dragon lord27Posted 12/28/2011 5:52:29 PM
ian2093 posted...
Mario by far. The 3D adds so much to platformers it is ridiculous. Plus it is one of the better Mario's we have had in a while.

Star Fox is a straight port, and you can finish it in under a half an hour. I regret buying it as I already have it on the VC (which is personally what I would recommend doing, as it it worth playing, but not worth more than $10) and I seriously doubt I will ever play it again. TBQH I'm pretty sure I only bought it because of that massive slum in games, especially with the 3DS in the late summer months.

I'm with you there.
I have played it all of two hours and not touched it since.
---
The PS3 and 360 can battle each other over who's breasts look more realistic.
The Wii is all about having fun with them. ~Girl Gamer~