Why can't I Street Pass my friend?

#1KnaaksPosted 1/21/2012 1:52:04 PM
So, I have Passed my friend 14 (I think) times at work, and then all of a sudden, the past 3 days or so, we just stopped passing each other. We both have our wireless turned on and everything, we we both Street Pass other co-workers and customers/friends that come and hang out. What is the deal?
---
"Dammit! My job took taxes out again. Why can't they just pay me in points like Microsoft!"
#2NettoSaitoPosted 1/21/2012 3:10:39 PM
No idea, I can't street pass my friend at all. Everything was turned on and we left our 3DSes by eachother, but nothing ever happened.
---
3DS FC - [1203-9218-7780] | XBL - [NettoSaito] | PSN - [NettoSaito] Please PM me with your FC!
My Backloggery Game List - http://www.backloggery.com/NettoSaito
#3JackslickPosted 1/21/2012 3:13:40 PM
Knaaks posted...
So, I have Passed my friend 14 (I think) times at work, and then all of a sudden, the past 3 days or so, we just stopped passing each other. We both have our wireless turned on and everything, we we both Street Pass other co-workers and customers/friends that come and hang out. What is the deal?

See bold text. Likely problem.
---
I'm sorry (best I put it here, just in case).
#4Knaaks(Topic Creator)Posted 1/21/2012 5:30:34 PM
Yes, I am aware that that is the problem, that is why I made the post. I was wondering if anyone knew why.
---
"Dammit! My job took taxes out again. Why can't they just pay me in points like Microsoft!"
#5AIvinnPosted 1/21/2012 9:11:37 PM
YoĆ¼ guys have to pass each other.
---
2234-7206-6271 [3DS]
aivinn [Gamecenter]
#6LWLPosted 1/21/2012 9:37:53 PM
Looking at Nintendo's web site, they list the following possible reasons you may not be able to StreetPass with someone:

-- Your system may not have the latest update.
-- Wireless communication is not enabled (but this is not the problem in your case).
-- Software doesn't have StreetPass enabled (again, it sounds like this is not your problem if you're StreetPassing with other people).
-- The other user may be blocked in the user settings somehow.

Nintendo's 3DS troubleshooting page is at

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/3ds/en_na/ts_apps.jsp

Select "StreetPass" and "StreetPass Communication Problems" in the list of topics.
#7Knaaks(Topic Creator)Posted 1/22/2012 12:16:36 AM
Thank you, I checked my 3DS out and I didn't have anyone blocked, so I will have her check her settings tomorrow.
---
#8ChikaraXPosted 1/22/2012 4:01:09 AM
There's a limited amount of times you can streetpass the same person (Notifications only shows you how many different hits you can get at a time)

For instance I'm unable to streetpass demo 3DS units.

This is because BOTH parties must USE their Streetpass hits in their games.

I've had 2 3DSes from day one and I kept forget to check my Player 2 3DS.. And so kept on using my main 3DS.. After some time I noticed I didn't get anymore Mii-Park hits.

At first I thought my Player 2 3DS got turned off.. But that was not the case.. I started Mii-Park and did the things I had to do.. I closed the Player 2 3DS and instantly the green light started to blink on my main 3DS.

So ask your friend if he ever uses the Mii-Park.. Or if the disconnected the wireless functions.
#9SkittyOnWailordPosted 1/22/2012 4:10:32 AM(edited)

Have you or your friend replaced your 3DS's battery since then? Or have either of you had your 3DS turn off because it ran out of power?

ChikaraX posted...
There's a limited amount of times you can streetpass the same person

And what is that limit? The most times I've streetpassed the same person so far is 22 times.
---
I'm here! I'm furry! I'll try not to shed! =^_^=
#10joshua593210Posted 1/22/2012 4:21:03 AM
There is no limit. I've StreetPassed with my sister and a friend of mine well over 99 times. Try turning both your 3DS's off and on again. That's helped me in the past.