Lets keep it 100, can the N3DS really play

#31gransPosted 1/22/2012 5:06:05 PM(edited)
3DS could easily handle Wind Waker. WW wasn't THAT complex of a GC game in the first place. It had a great art style, but technically wasn't doing THAT much with the hardware. The cel shading was really what made it look impressive. It wasn't pushing any real extreme amount of polygons and the textures weren't even that detailed. Some good lighting effects, but you really have to remember that the 3DS is also a beast at shader effects (moreso than GC or Wii). Super Street Fighter IV 3D has a much more advanced cel shaded style than Wind Waker.

There are already more technically impressive games on the 3DS.

And it should be mentioned that Mario 3D Land is a bad example to compare to Galaxy due to its intentionally minimalistic style. Try a game that actually USES the 3DS hardware. Like Nano Assault instead, which has spherical type worlds and more advanced shader effects than 3D Land. Then there's a game like Monster Hunter Tri, right up there with the best looking Wii games. But Capcom ported it to the 3DS visually intact, running at twice the framerate in and out of 3D mode, and with far more advanced shadow and lighting effects.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#32adampeltzPosted 1/23/2012 12:33:17 PM
I really don't think Super Mario Galaxy can "easily be run on 3ds". Check this out:

http://www.gamespot.com/features/nintendo-on-reinventing-mario-and-the-ever-present-legacy-of-shigeru-miyamoto-6346454/

"GS: What's the biggest issue you faced developing [Super Mario 3D Land] for the 3DS?

KH: Our struggle to overcome processing limitations lasted until the end of development. I'm the type of person who likes to play games at 60 frames per second. Even when we were developing Super Mario Sunshine, we kept the frame rate at 60fps until the middle phase of development. I was very pleased with the 60fps frame rate of Super Mario Galaxy. I had to settle with 30fps this time. Of course, we created a game that can be enjoyed even at 30fps, but I can't help but think about how fantastic it would be to play this game at 60fps. "
---
Xbox Live gamertag: Peltz
3DS Friend code: 1161-0129-0691
#33arthur8642Posted 1/23/2012 3:07:51 PM
I'd like to point out that no psp games are more than 2GB, to my knowledge. most are between 300 MB and 1.6 GB.
---
Believe in the me that believes in you!
#34gransPosted 1/23/2012 3:48:41 PM

I'd like to point out that no psp games are more than 2GB, to my knowledge. most are between 300 MB and 1.6 GB.

That's true for almost all of them. Actually 1.8GB. It should be noted however that the new Final Fantasy Type-0 comes with two UMD's to bypass this limitation. It is apparently the first PSP game that did, and it may be the last. So that allows a size of up to 3.6GB. Still not as much as the soon-to-be-released 4GB 3DS games such as Metal Gear Solid 3D and RE:Revelations.

The manufacturer of 3DS cartridges also mentioned that 3DS carts can reach 8GB if need be. In a couple of years you'll likely see such a size used in actual games. It might even be possible to use even larger sizes. Though one wonders whether such a size will ever be called for, that's bigger than the largest Wii games.

Interesting to note is that Uncharted on Vita only 2.8GB when downloaded on PSN and it's the largest Vita game currently out (apparently).
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#35Galaxy_Nova(Topic Creator)Posted 1/23/2012 4:14:48 PM
Lol my post message option was moved i was like "how the heck do I post" Lol

and YES! thank you all for your comments!!!
---
Megaman Star Force 3 Red Joker Wi-Fi King! 2010