Important public service announcement regarding why the redesign ISN'T happening

#41diddy1978Posted 2/8/2012 4:04:10 PM
kdiz4321 posted...
lp913 posted...
I agree their WILL be a redesign......BUT not before better screens and battery life first - all you have to do is look at Nintendo's handheld history. LOL @ the thought that a redesign will just add a second circle pad and nothing more.

Definitely, t hey would improve everything else about the device for a redesign. But I don't see why they wouldn't add a second stick at the same time.

NinjaKitsune posted...
Having to fit the internals in, they already have the CPP, and adding features that would make the old system incompatibile with the new games is something that happens in an entirely new product, not a redesign.

The CPP already leaves the possibility that games can be made that are not compatible with the old system (without the CPP). As long as the second stick is coded to function in the same way as the CPP, then the old systems can still use the CPP for new games.

And those of us who think the accessory is an ugly pile of **** can buy the revision.

Nintendo has told developers not to use the cpp as the sole control scheme for camara control in there games which tells me that Nintendo has no plan to incorporate a second circle pad into a redesign unless it's an xl version then maybe they will incude one as there would then be plenty of room for it but there would not be room on a 3ds lite as that would just add weight.
#42LHS_2012Posted 2/8/2012 4:15:13 PM
Bearpowers posted...
It's closer to Wiimotion plus.

I wonder what they put in Wiimotes now, hmmm?

I can only think of one game that is compatible with the Wiimotion plus that didn't require it: Conduit 2.

So far, every game that can use the CPP has it as an optional choice. As someone else said, the CPP is more like the Classic Controller (Pro) than anything. At least as of right now.
---
And you definitely won't be laughing September 13 when they cancel the 3DS. ~thundercat2600, Aug 24, 2011
New Department of Fire
#43EnclavePosted 2/8/2012 4:40:10 PM
diddy1978 posted...
Nintendo has told developers not to use the cpp as the sole control scheme for camara control in there games which tells me that Nintendo has no plan to incorporate a second circle pad into a redesign unless it's an xl version then maybe they will incude one as there would then be plenty of room for it but there would not be room on a 3ds lite as that would just add weight.

No, all it tells us is that Nintendo doesn't want to risk alienating customers who bought the first gen of the device. It in no way tells us that they aren't going to build the CPP into the next version of 3DS.

The odds are likely VERY high that the CPP will be built into the next version of the 3DS.
---
The commercial says that Church isn't for perfect people, I guess that's why I'm an Atheist.
#44Megaman OmegaPosted 2/8/2012 4:56:17 PM
A revision might not happen soon, but it will happen eventually. There's a realistic chance one wil be out in 2013, and i'm 99% certain there will be at least one before 2016.

Things that have a good chance of being in a revision:

- Revised parts (less battery consumption, less space usage, etc.)
- CPP built-in
- Improved screen/sounds/etc.
- Supporting more standards/formats for wireless connections, SD cards, and so on
- XL model (considerably bigger model with big screens, big battery, etc.)

Things that might be in a revision:

- More external interfaces (digital out, etc.)
- Better specs (for the browser, etc.)

Pretty unlikely, but still worth a thought:

- Higher screen resolution
- Better GPU (i would love me some AA)
---
3D screens.. how do they work? are they similar to magnets? PS: Please no replies from scientists.. you're always lyin, and gettin me pissed.
~ Mario64DStyle
#45Nickcool1996Posted 2/8/2012 5:02:31 PM
Holy crap, the XL is HUGE.
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/Nickcool1996?feature=mhum
http://sadpanda.us/images/723723-KR3JJKL.jpg
#46player_of_godsPosted 2/8/2012 5:16:29 PM
Megaman Omega posted...
A revision might not happen soon, but it will happen eventually. There's a realistic chance one wil be out in 2013, and i'm 99% certain there will be at least one before 2016.

Things that have a good chance of being in a revision:

- Revised parts (less battery consumption, less space usage, etc.)
- Supporting more standards/formats for wireless connections, SD cards, and so on
- XL model (considerably bigger model with big screens, big battery, etc.)

Things that might be in a revision:

- More external interfaces (digital out, etc.)
- Better specs (for the browser, etc.)
- Improved screen/sounds/etc.

Pretty unlikely, but still worth a thought:

- Higher screen resolution
- CPP built-in
- Better GPU (i would love me some AA)

fix'd
---
Casual Gamer = Call of duty people who agree: 14
#47NinjaKitsunePosted 2/8/2012 6:37:12 PM

It's closer to Wiimotion plus.

I wonder what they put in Wiimotes now, hmmm?

One... Is a controller.
The other...Is a console.
THEY LIVE IN ENTIRELY DIFFERENT DEVELOPMENT WORLDS! STOP COMPARING THE TWO!
---
Handy Guide to Modern Science: 1. If it's green or it wiggles, it's Biology.
2. If it stinks, it's Chemistry. 3. If it doesn't work, it's Physics.