Since Circle Pad Pro just came out, would buying one be worth it?

#1MabinogiFanPosted 2/8/2012 7:02:40 PM
If I did buy one, it would not only give me another circle pad to play around with, but it'll also give my 3DS some extra support. I doubt that with the accessory on, the top screen probably won't wobble as much, and pushing the buttons would feel more comfortable if there's something more solid underneath the unit. Plus, the shoulder buttons it comes with will be MUCH easier to press than the system's shoulder buttons.

But I have a question. If I have the CPP on, will I still be able to switch game carts and charge my 3DS system, or will I have to remove it from the system to do either? If it's the latter, then that would be pretty bad. Sometimes it's nice to be lazy.

So should I get it now, or would I be better off waiting for the inevitable redesign?
#2MrBanballowPosted 2/8/2012 7:10:45 PM
MabinogiFan posted...
So should I get it now, or would I be better off waiting for the inevitable redesign?

I just tried picking one up at my local GS, but they're already sold out, not expecting any more until March. On the plus side, I saved $60 tonight by not buying it and Resident Evil.
---
Not changing this sig until Another Code R (Wii) is announced for the US.
Started: October 5, 2008
#390sRetroGamingPosted 2/8/2012 7:25:53 PM
Sure, when it hits $5-$10 then yeah...
---
http://www.youtube.com/user/OldSchoolGaming4Life?feature=mhee
3DS FC: 1375-7268-6996 (PM me for teh add)
#4OoSubaruoOPosted 2/8/2012 7:39:22 PM
Just get it now. Gamestop only received a certain amount.
#5Marcx629Posted 2/8/2012 7:57:16 PM
I think the only game out now that uses it is RE. So you could get it for that, have one early for any other games that use it, or have it for the extra support.

I'm on the fence about getting one. I'll end up getting one eventually depending on if a lot of games actually use it. The console controller feel is also pretty cool.

Side note: I saw your Username. I used to play Mabinogi too. Fun game.
---
In case of a Zombie Apocalypse, follow me!
Add my 3DS FC: 2535-4356-9059 Name:Marcx
#6BigRhinoXPosted 2/8/2012 8:24:11 PM
yanya posted...
MabinogiFan posted...

I just tried picking one up at my local GS, but they're already sold out, not expecting any more until March. On the plus side, I saved $60 tonight by not buying it and Resident Evil.

On the negative side, you don't have Resident Evil and the CPP yet. It's an absolutely awesome game, as I'm sure you've heard. I just beat the 3rd Chapter and can now finally play Raid mode, but decided to take a break due to hand cramps (yeah, it's a bit of a problem, but I can't wait to pick it back up).
---
Live Gamertag: BigRhinoX86
#7MabinogiFan(Topic Creator)Posted 2/8/2012 8:35:58 PM
If it's sold out, then I guess it's not just a flop, since lots of people seem to be buying it. Either that or very few were shipped to stores.

Anyway, I'll probably just get it for the comfort factor, then once some games come out that use both Circle Pads (Like Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance), it'll come in handy. If Gamestop doesn't have it, I can just buy it off Nintendo's website.