Tales of the Abyss or Devil Survivor Overclocked?

#1GaryNECCPosted 2/28/2012 6:08:01 AM
Which is better and why?
#2ashockeyPosted 2/28/2012 6:14:05 AM
Abyss
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#3Wynters387Posted 2/28/2012 6:14:23 AM
GaryNECC posted...
Which is better and why?

I prefer TotA better. My reasons are I'm not a big strategy fan and TotA has an explorable over world. Like I can walk around a city and walk from one city to the next. I've always liked this over a selectiony screen.
---
This news has just filled my heart with rainbows.- Ghirahim.
#4megamanx1291Posted 2/28/2012 6:24:13 AM
TOA I'd get DS 2 if I were you.
---
---
3ds fc: 0087-2393-7303, add me if you are bored or something. Ok, thnx bai.
#5GogglesFrogPosted 2/28/2012 6:37:08 AM(edited)
If you LOVE strategy and hard "controller throwing" fights with a ludicrous amount of replayability then get DSO (there's like what, 6+ endings?).

The story is really weak though. You spend 4 "days" just wandering around uttering the word "Comp" every four seconds.

Tales is a tales game through and through. It's great. Voice acting is top notch (also true for DSO by the way). If you love tales games, you'll love this one.

**EDIT**

My personal biased opinion however is Tales of the Abyss.
---
"....teaching them to observe all thing I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world." -Jesus.
#6TheZuperHeroPosted 2/28/2012 6:40:53 AM
That's a tough one . . Both games are really great. I think you should ask yourself which you like better: turn-based strategy (DS:O) or action role-playing (Tales). Also, if you do decide on DS:O, like someone mentioned earlier you might wanna snag DS:2 while it's still on the market. Hope this helps.
---
The Official Something of Someplace . . . I'm sure.
3DS Info: Jake - 4167-4549-4028 (Feel free to add me, message if you wanna be added back!)
#7JollibeatsPosted 2/28/2012 8:04:05 AM
GogglesFrog posted...
You spend 4 "days" just wandering around uttering the word "Comp" every four seconds.

I honestly couldn't agree with you more. I've yet to open my copy of Tales of the Abyss but I sure am looking forward to it.
---
PSN/LoL/Steam: Jollibeats
3DS FC: 5284-1412-8049
#8TerotrousPosted 2/28/2012 8:07:13 AM
Whichever one you haven't played already. Both are good games.

If you've already played the original version of both, Overclocked has more new content.

You spend 4 "days" just wandering around uttering the word "Comp" every four seconds

This is like totally untrue. Devil Survivor has one of the most original stories out there, and it's pretty well told, too.
---
http://terosclassicgaming.blogspot.com/ - Watch me beat "SNES Megaman X"
http://www.backloggery.com/tero - My backloggery
#9Tempest717Posted 2/28/2012 8:09:31 AM

This is like totally untrue. Devil Survivor has one of the most original stories out there, and it's pretty well told, too.

Demons invading Tokyo? That happens like every other SMT game >_>
---
Official King of the Time Travelers 3DS/Vita/PSP Board
Official Lion Tamer of the NDF
#10JollibeatsPosted 2/28/2012 8:09:37 AM
Gnik posted...

Ahah, I actually agree with you about the story. I liked it quite a bit. They do however, throw the word "Comp" out a lot throughout the story, ahah. While many complained about the voice acting, I personally loved it and thought it gave a great amount of emotion to the actual characters.
---
PSN/LoL/Steam: Jollibeats
3DS FC: 5284-1412-8049