No Binding of Isaac for the 3DS because of questionable religous content

#281Lord_FroodPosted 3/3/2012 1:55:26 PM
Pauken posted...
Good for Nintendo, that game honestly looks like crap to me anyway. Zelda-ish gameplay with more offensive content (specifically the nonreligious offensive content, like piss and crap as weapons) than all the GTA games combined? Do not want.

Frankly I'm amazed that game is even popular. Or Super Meat Boy for that matter...Team Meat's probably one of the most overrated devs in the entire industry, and I still have no idea why they have such a huge fanbase. If you're going to support an indie dev, please support one that's worthy of praise like Mojang. They at least have shown that they have pretty good dev skills, and that their massive amount of money would be used for excellent causes (Psychonauts 2 and Double Fine Adventure Game, along with charities), unlike Team Meat...

Hahaha! Oh wow, you think Mojang is worthy? Notch and his team are terrible at what they do. Delay after delay and bug after bug, not to mention the fact that the fun factor of Minecraft relies so heavily on mods.
They used to be a modest quiet team who valued quality work, but they've let the fame get to their heads. MineCon? Honestly?
Also, anybody remember the blog post where Notch even said that he needed to take himself and Mojang more seriously? Even he knows his team isn't good.
---
Currently: (Playing) Twisted Metal, Ever17, FE4/8, Katawa Shoujo, Portal 2, Etrian Odyssey
(Waiting) Kid Icarus, Zero Escape, AC3DS, FE: Kakusei, Cradle Song
#282PaukenPosted 3/3/2012 2:27:34 PM
Lord_Frood posted...
Pauken posted...
Good for Nintendo, that game honestly looks like crap to me anyway. Zelda-ish gameplay with more offensive content (specifically the nonreligious offensive content, like piss and crap as weapons) than all the GTA games combined? Do not want.

Frankly I'm amazed that game is even popular. Or Super Meat Boy for that matter...Team Meat's probably one of the most overrated devs in the entire industry, and I still have no idea why they have such a huge fanbase. If you're going to support an indie dev, please support one that's worthy of praise like Mojang. They at least have shown that they have pretty good dev skills, and that their massive amount of money would be used for excellent causes (Psychonauts 2 and Double Fine Adventure Game, along with charities), unlike Team Meat...

Hahaha! Oh wow, you think Mojang is worthy? Notch and his team are terrible at what they do. Delay after delay and bug after bug, not to mention the fact that the fun factor of Minecraft relies so heavily on mods.
They used to be a modest quiet team who valued quality work, but they've let the fame get to their heads. MineCon? Honestly?
Also, anybody remember the blog post where Notch even said that he needed to take himself and Mojang more seriously? Even he knows his team isn't good.

It was the first indie game dev I could name in an instant. Soldak Entertainment's much better than Mojang, to be fair, since they developed several innovative Action RPGs and have maintained a very high standard of quality. Sorry. Still, Mojang's better than Team Meat; Minecraft's fun, even without mods, and Notch at least admits he's a bit of a joke...Team Meat likes to act like they're the most awesome indie dev team ever, despite relying almost entirely on insane tedious difficulty and/or extremely offensive content that would make the devs of Dante's Inferno puke. They're worse than Activision, and only further the causes of Jack Thompson with crap like BoI --;
---
"congratulations you successfully mined a death knight!
its completely normal as the class is EVERYWHERE" - Little Zardar
#283nonty96ziePosted 3/3/2012 3:54:55 PM
In answer to the ratings part of the topic... This game has vaginas which shoot streams of blood at you... That deserves at least an M or 18+ rating
---
Black FC - 5372 0619 6373
#284NyyarkPosted 3/4/2012 12:32:28 AM
Lord_Frood posted...
That would be like me telling a crazed man it's okay to kill people. The blood will still be on my hands.
While I know that the whole case with Lot might not be as intense as that example, I think you get the analogy.

I agree, its actually quite a bit like that. The only reason I think it's important is that it was up to the Accuser to come up with things horrible enough to make Lot curse God, rather than up to God to come up with them, which has some interesting implications IMO.
#285forest_wandererPosted 3/4/2012 12:37:22 AM
Whoa this thread just exploded these past few days while I was out and about.

What blasphemy though. How could anyone say something that terrible. (I'm talking about calling Super Meat Boy overrated of course.)
---
nightScan is one of the greatest human beings on the planet.
gamezrochard is a true man.