did anyone actually hold out for a pokemon grey?

#1queirotacobellPosted 2/29/2012 5:36:50 PM
i know some people didnt buy bw expecting to get a pokemon grey. but now instead of a remake/revision, its a true sequel. now if you are a pokemon fan that was waiting, you have to buy both to get the full experiece.
---
GT: Queirotacobell
3DS: 1805-2174-5606
#2RED_LINK1Posted 2/29/2012 5:40:26 PM
I couldn't imagine holding out.. I love picking my favorite out of the two that are first released, then getting the third. The improvements are nice and I really enjoy it that way.
#3YoyokuKOPosted 2/29/2012 5:42:18 PM
yes, because pokemon was getting stale for me to buy the same game twice.

however, still up in the air whether or not BW2 is a sequel.
#4Sid3wind3r12Posted 2/29/2012 5:51:36 PM
Me... :/

I have never owned the third version in a generation and I had just been playing HG
a bunch when BW came out so I decided I would wait until Grey came out...
---
I believe in Jesus Christ, and am completely proud of it
Official Head of the NDF Federal Reserve | Official Kanyaba of the MH3G Board
#5strongo9Posted 2/29/2012 5:57:32 PM
I did. The announcement of B&W2 disappointed me. Now I won't be getting a gen 5 game unless Gray still comes out eventually and combines all four games into one.
---
I want Paper Mario 3D, Luigi's Mansion 2, Kid Icarus: Uprising, and Xenoblade Chronicles!
#6KorlithielPosted 2/29/2012 6:00:44 PM(edited)
I felt White was far too much like Blue to really want to do more than just run through the main storyline so I sold it. Since I've since set down the path to entwining my life with another, and she plays Pokemon, I'm planning to get us copies of Black & White to run through together/trade and later on get copies of Black 2 & White 2 for us to continue to enjoy together.

So, I was originally considering nabbing a Pokemon Grey but now will have to find used copies of both.
---
My favorite portable:
http://www.openpandora.org/
#7forest_wandererPosted 2/29/2012 6:26:31 PM
There's nothing confirming they're unique sequels. Original broadcast on Pokemon Sunday said nothing about brand new storylines/content. It's likely just Gamefreak cashing in, and trying to avoid the stigma that every 'third version' gets.
---
nightScan is one of the greatest human beings on the planet.
gamezrochard is a true man.
#8iGenesisPosted 3/3/2012 9:24:02 PM

There's nothing confirming they're unique sequels. Original broadcast on Pokemon Sunday said nothing about brand new storylines/content. It's likely just Gamefreak cashing in, and trying to avoid the stigma that every 'third version' gets.

This.
---
GameFAQs.com: Where YOU make the content, but CBS makes the money.
http://lueshi.info/Mario_Zelda_Tier_List.gif
#9legendarylemurPosted 3/3/2012 9:30:15 PM
forest_wanderer posted...

Then how do you explain BW's ending? There wasn't a complete closure.
---
I don't understand why the Vita is failing so hard. I mean, it has two analog sticks! - derekfishbowl
My karma was 777 on Sept. 21st 2011
#10BlueInfinityPosted 3/3/2012 9:39:42 PM
forest_wanderer posted...

This just proves people still have it in their heads Pokemon isn't competent enough for a story, and when it finally gets a pretty good one (read: REALLY good one), people are saying it's just a "cash-in".

Some people want it for the story. It was really good, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.
---
This sig was brought to you by Marsford!
...And permitted by Foofyhead!