did anyone actually hold out for a pokemon grey?

#11iGenesisPosted 3/3/2012 9:42:31 PM

it finally gets a pretty good one (read: REALLY good one), people are saying it's just a "cash-in".

do you play a lot of games?
---
GameFAQs.com: Where YOU make the content, but CBS makes the money.
http://lueshi.info/Mario_Zelda_Tier_List.gif
#12legendarylemurPosted 3/3/2012 9:47:55 PM
BlueInfinity posted...
This just proves people still have it in their heads Pokemon isn't competent enough for a story, and when it finally gets a pretty good one (read: REALLY good one), people are saying it's just a "cash-in".

Some people want it for the story. It was really good, and I'm looking forward to seeing what happens next.

***incoming massive spoilers for the entire Pokemon series***

I dunno, the story was much better, but I dunno about "really good." I mean, as much as I loved RSE, the story can be summed up as this: "Let's go flood/dry up this world, because that's obviously a great thing to do to fulfill by ideelz!" *Ruby/Sapphire later* "Oh noes, what we did can actually destroy the whole world?! How foolish of us!" The end.

RBY was just a kid going up against extremely wimpy Yakuzas (who can't seem to block a child's way despite their fists nor do they even own any weapons other than pokeymanz), GSE was the same thing (which as people forget is really a true sequel to RBY, way before BW2 was a sequel to BW).

DPPt... wow I don't even remember the story from this one, but I remember Platinum had a really good script in the different dimension place.

BW was kinda silly, too. It started off really well. We're PETA, and we want you to release all your pokemon! Now if they kept being PETA and the whole point of the story was to stop their absurdity, then fine, but it all went to hell from there. Main villain: "ah ha, it was my plan to make EVERYBODY release all their pokemon so that like 50 years later when maybe everybody might have released all their friends, (key note: never gonna happen), I'll be the only one with a pokemon, and I'll rule the world! muhahaha..." what.
---
I don't understand why the Vita is failing so hard. I mean, it has two analog sticks! - derekfishbowl
My karma was 777 on Sept. 21st 2011
#13player_threePosted 3/3/2012 9:49:20 PM
I was expecting a pokemon grey, but am perfectly fine with BW2. I was also expecting it to be on the DS, so that's no disappointment for me.
---
Aquatic Ambiance: Now that's some serious make-out music.
#14Stefan1277Posted 3/3/2012 9:49:28 PM
Really? pokemon black/white... good story? story? plot? what's all this? you guys haven't played a lot of games, have you? It's like saying you play call of duty for the deep and complex story.
---
I'm a ninja. (You can't see me)
#15Chaos_MissilePosted 3/3/2012 9:52:34 PM
iGenesis posted...
it finally gets a pretty good one (read: REALLY good one), people are saying it's just a "cash-in".

You mean you expected the issue with Team Plasma to be resolved before the 8th Gym as you go on to face the League Champion as the final boss of the main playthrough?

This convention alone, imo, has made B&W into a different pattern than what was expected of a Pokemon game.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#16BlueInfinityPosted 3/3/2012 10:04:26 PM
iGenesis posted...

Have you ever played Pokemon before?
---
This sig was brought to you by Marsford!
...And permitted by Foofyhead!
#17VentanrexPosted 3/3/2012 11:24:06 PM
Main villain: "ah ha, it was my plan to make EVERYBODY release all their pokemon so that like 50 years later when maybe everybody might have released all their friends, (key note: never gonna happen), I'll be the only one with a pokemon, and I'll rule the world! muhahaha..." what.

*SPOILERS for Black and White*

Err, you missed a few things there. Ghetsis had two methods of accomplishing this:
1. N. He intended to have N, with his fulfilling of the prophecies and becoming king and whatnot, to command people to free their Pokemon for their betterment. They had already begun to make people question whether they should keep their Pokemon thanks to the propaganda work they had been doing, and N was sensational enough to trigger such a thing.
2. Since that obviously wasn't a sure-proof plan, Ghetsis had his scientists successfully hack into Amita's PC. By the end of the game, they were moments away from being able to dump every last Pokemon from Unova's PC system.
Besides that, they had the means to artificial create more powerful Pokemon, such as Genesect. And N and Ghetsis were two of the best trainers in the land. They didn't have many threats around besides the MC.

Ghetsis actually had a fairly thought-out plan. The reason it failed was because N was starting to doubt the lies he was told after being around the MC. The whole point of N's final battle was to see if he was really right in what he was doing, which finally forced Ghetsis to blow his cover.

But really, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon has had a better story going than this. The main games are just trying to catch up with Explorers of Sky.

Hi iGenesis.
---
Only took 'till level 31.
Ventanrex, official Korok member of the Knights of Safe Haven.
#18legendarylemurPosted 3/4/2012 1:41:55 AM
Ventanrex posted...
Main villain: "ah ha, it was my plan to make EVERYBODY release all their pokemon so that like 50 years later when maybe everybody might have released all their friends, (key note: never gonna happen), I'll be the only one with a pokemon, and I'll rule the world! muhahaha..." what.

*SPOILERS for Black and White*

Err, you missed a few things there. Ghetsis had two methods of accomplishing this:
1. N. He intended to have N, with his fulfilling of the prophecies and becoming king and whatnot, to command people to free their Pokemon for their betterment. They had already begun to make people question whether they should keep their Pokemon thanks to the propaganda work they had been doing, and N was sensational enough to trigger such a thing.
2. Since that obviously wasn't a sure-proof plan, Ghetsis had his scientists successfully hack into Amita's PC. By the end of the game, they were moments away from being able to dump every last Pokemon from Unova's PC system.
Besides that, they had the means to artificial create more powerful Pokemon, such as Genesect. And N and Ghetsis were two of the best trainers in the land. They didn't have many threats around besides the MC.

Ghetsis actually had a fairly thought-out plan. The reason it failed was because N was starting to doubt the lies he was told after being around the MC. The whole point of N's final battle was to see if he was really right in what he was doing, which finally forced Ghetsis to blow his cover.

But really, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon has had a better story going than this. The main games are just trying to catch up with Explorers of Sky.

Hi iGenesis.

Ah right, I forgot about that part. Still, the story isn't that great. It was still this story of an evil guy trying to take over the world. I'd like to see them tackle the concept of capturing Pokemon a little more deeply. Think, the main pokemons of PMD become separated because a trainer captured one of them. How would you justify that? There are a lot of potential for a Pokemon game to have a very good thoughtful tearjerker story. They are animals, and there are a lot of good animal movies out there for example.
---
I don't understand why the Vita is failing so hard. I mean, it has two analog sticks! - derekfishbowl
My karma was 777 on Sept. 21st 2011